Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4

Delivery Times!!!!

Hi George. I gave up and cancelled my order. Will wait until they are on the lots, if I go back to Ford at all. Good luck with yours.
  2. 4

where is our explorer???

I cancelled my order yesterday. :( Sales guy and dealer tried to help, but nothing happened. Different stories from Ford depending on who I talked to. Began thinking there are some big problems with these vehicles or Ford really has no idea what they are doing. So someone else will get...
  3. 4

About to Cancel Order

Don't blame you one bit, I would do the same thing. Might want to shop around as dealers are getting them on their lots, at least around here. I'm waiting till Saturday and if there is no news that show my EX has shipped, it has been waiting for shipment since 3/1, I will be cancelling my...
  4. 4

Ford Explorer Cross Bars / Roof Rack

True enough if all your carrying is a cargo box, but there are other items folk's might carry up there. For me its a kayak and a canoe together, skis or mtn bikes. I haven't seen the crossbars for the new EX, but the ones on my '97 and Escape are not very rigid and tend to flex quite a bit...
  5. 4

Nope, attaches to them.
  6. 4

They are rated at the manufacturers recommendation, which is 100lbs. To do otherwise might cause legal problems should there be a failure of the roof. Its not the mount or bars that is an issue, it is the roof of the vehicle. From Thule's site. "Weight limit of a THULE rack? Answer ID...
  7. 4

I had the factory racks/bars on both my '97 EX and '04 Escape. They both look like they are made of some composite material. Both were easily removed and I now use Thule bar feet and bars. The bars are square tubing covered by a rubber like material, very sturdy. The other advantage is you...
  8. 4

Aluminum Canoe on the stock bars?

The problem I have with ratchets is should the front one let go for any reason, your gonna have one beat up front end and windshield. More likely if you travel rough roads to go paddling. The right knots do the job more safely and are just as quick IMO. But each to their own. :D
  9. 4

The "I can't wait" thread

I'm also in NJ and mine was awaiting shipping as well, ETA was 3/7. I just got an update that Norfolk Southern received their pickup orders this past Sunday, so it should be moving this week. Perhaps yours will be on the same train.
  10. 4

ETA March 21...when will I get it?

Got an update over on another site and it appears things are beginning to move for mine. Norfolk Southern got their pickup orders last Sunday, so it should be on its way this week.
  11. 4

No I haven't. I'll try that tomorrow, but do not have much hope. My sales guy has been checking his system daily, I imagine customer service uses the same system.
  12. 4

Take the ETA date with a grain of salt. Many have been missed. Mine was 3/7 and the EX is still sitting in Chicago awaiting shipping and no explanation why. Makes ya wonder :rolleyes:
  13. 4

Aluminum Canoe on the stock bars?

I haul mine on Thule bars, with the L brackets to keep it from sliding and tie downs bow & stern and one over the forward bar. Might want to use some cut pieces of bicycle inner tube over the tie downs where it touches the EX. And check the weight of your canoe for Fords roof limit, I believe...
  14. 4

Where oh where is my Limited?

There are rumors that there is a parts supply problem, but Ford refuses to give any explanation. I'll give it another week, then look at my options.
  15. 4

Where oh where is my Limited?

Ford needs to have UPS deliver their vehicles. :rolleyes: Mine was built the week of 2/25, dealer ETA 3/7. Still sitting in Chicago waiting for shipment. :thumbdwn:
  16. 4

Husky / WeatherTech Floor and Cargo Liners

I have no idea, I've never had the need to do that. All I know is that over the past 13 years they have held up to 2 Golden Retrievers, 4 Brittanies, several cords of firewood and a lot of wet stuff from canoeing, hunting and fishing. Your use may vary. :rolleyes:
  17. 4

They are a plastic, not like rubber, farily stiff. Not sure if the newer ones are made of the same material, these are 13 years old. In any case, they provide the protection I want. The carpeting under the Husky's on the '97 is like brand new. But I don't see the Husky in Light Stone...
  18. 4

FWIW, I have a set of Husky's in my '97 EX, light gray. With over 220K miles they still look pretty darn good, no wear at the acclerator, no discoloration.. I especially like they extended lip on them that keeps any melted snow, sand, mud from slipping off the edge onto carpeting. Once my EX...
  19. 4

Starting off with 2nd gear? (Selectshift)

It works great on hilly/mountainous roads, lets the engine do the braking.
  20. 4

Engine sounds (How to improve?)

Simple solution. Get one of these; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9XAC-BvUyo
  21. 4

Sirius radio question

Not sure this is the right place for this question, but the Sirius radio is in the '11 EX. Can it be used as a 'regular' AM/FM radio where you can select local stations, or only thru the Sirius channels? Thanks
  22. 4

Gas Savings Tips That Don't Work!

One of the best accessories I ever bought was a ScanGauge. Shows mileage in realtime, helps you learn what practice saves gas. On a trip to Maine I averaged 29mpg on my 2004 V6 Escape and I wasn't holding anyone up. I think the '11 X has something similar built in, maybe not...
  23. 4

U-Haul trailer rentals

Never had any issues with them, everyone was clean and well maintained whenever I rented one to pull this, I made sure of it. :D It could be the dealer you used, as they are run like a franchise.
  24. 4

Wax & Cleaner Recommendations

Either Griots Garage or Meguiars.
Back