Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. MONMIX

Cobra R's with Pirelli tires.

I have a full set of Cobra R wheels and tires. 17 inch Cobra R's come with the center cap, lugs, locks and a key. All four are straight , with extremely minor and normal curb rash. The tires are Pirelli Scorpion P-Zeros. 255/60/R17 Tires are fairly worn, about 50% but still have some life left...
  2. MONMIX

MAC intake, Cobra R wheels.

I have a MAC intake for the SOHC 4.0 In great condition. It includes a PRO-M MAS tuned for the 4.0 SOHC. I will also include a K&N breather. $120.00 shipped if you are Elite, $140.00 non elite. I also have a full set of Cobra R wheels and tires. 17 inch Cobra R's come with the...
  3. MONMIX

Bumper bracket / rail end how to

I promised this years ago. Sorry for the delay. Skill level: 6.4 Tools needed. Air Compressor, cut off wheel( whizz wheel) grinder, mig welder, tape measure, level, hammer, gloves, face shield, dust mask, welding mask. Also needed a good undercoating or paint. *** NOTE: This write...
  4. MONMIX

silver / amber bulbs

I want to get a set of those bulbs that look silver but iluminate orange. Pep Boys was sold out of them so I decided to serch the web but I have no clue what to call them. I am not about to try to google "those bulbs that look silver but iluminate orange" Any way a little help would be...
  5. MONMIX

Wiper motor shaving write up with pics.

I recently had the good furtune of State Farm insurance buying me a new lift gate for my Explorer. A perfect opportunity to shave that rear wiper and squwirter I never use. Shaving door handles, locks and what have you will all fall under simular procedures. Also there are several ways to go...
  6. MONMIX

pesky gremlin ?tranny?

ARGGGGGGGGGH I HATE vague problems. Slightly sluggish. I feel like the E-brake is on ( its not ) When I let off the gas at any given speed RPM's get a bit irratic. ( high then low, with no rythem or ryme or reason ) At idle RPM's are very smooth. Other wise the truck just doesnt feel...
  7. MONMIX

ECM hic-ups

Here I am headin' dont to Richmond to help the fiance' pack the house. Less than 20 miles into the trek I get a CEL, and the engine dies. I hit the hazzards and nurse it over to the sholder. I try to restart and it turns and turns and nothing. Pop the hood and see and smell nothing out...
  8. MONMIX

Zaino fans !!!!!!!!! Read this !!!!!!!

I know we all have discussed the troubles with cleaning your mixing bottle after using Z2. I have found a trick that works. a 50/50 mix of cold water and simple green. Wash the bottle a few times to get the gook out and then fill it to the very top with the mix. Put the cap onshake it...
  9. MONMIX

why over heat ?

Driving down the road the other day looking at my tranny temp guage. Admiring the nice 150 temp. I got to wondering. Over heating is a symptom of what ? Suppose my tranny over heats, I say " Oh **** I have gotta ___________ " Do what ? What is the common cause of tranny over heat under...
  10. MONMIX

I hope German engineering isnt contagious.

Got a BMW in the shop a bit over w week ago. Deer hit. Big one too. Fell on top of the hood. Replaced the valve cover, air intake box, two of the coil packs, and every thing from the fan clutch forward. Long story short, job is done I go to test drive it, CEL come up right away. This...
  11. MONMIX

hood shocks swap how to

All hood shocks get old eventually. They loose the ability to hold a hood up. You never forget the first time a hood falls on your head. It really doesnt hurt but is sure does scare the **** out of you. Replacing these hood shocks is about as easy as it gets. I am going to give it a 0.5...
  12. MONMIX

Water temp guage instal

Water temp guage sender instal On my 2000 SOHC the water temp guage is like the oil presure guage. It is fake. It reads " cold, normal and over heating " not enough information for me. Santa hooked me up with an Auto-Meter water temp guage and an oil pressure guage. Here is a write up...
  13. MONMIX

Another AM guage Q lights

Where have every one been tapping for their guage illumination ? I tapped into what I have been using for the past few years for the tranny guage. I am not sure exactally what it goes to, but it is off the light switch. It dims with the dimmer which is what I want but it has always been...
  14. MONMIX

Aftermarket water temp guage help needed

I am here at the shop trying to instal my Auto-Meter water temp guage. A few q's. It seems I have to remove the intake manafold to acess the two factory water temp senders. :( Does any one know which sender is ECM and which one is for the guage ? One conncetor is brown and one is gray. Is...
  15. MONMIX

Zaino Z2 question

Does any one else have a terrible time cleaning the Z2 residue out of the mixing bottle ?
  16. MONMIX

Zaino testamonial

That stuff is shiney. The paint on this door is the factory origonal five year old stuff.
  17. MONMIX

4wd high 4wd low light blink

twice in five days my 4wd high 4wd low light has blinked three times. No more no less. 2000 Sport SOCH auto 4wd, with BWM No shift issues, no drive issues, any thoughts ?
  18. MONMIX

After market oil press guage

yeah I searched. Yeah I saw the upteen zillion pages on the blasted fake oil guages. Simple question. Second gen, 4.0 SOHC. I wanna instal an after market oil pressure guage. Is it difficult? Will it trip a CEL ? Who was done it ? Details please
  19. MONMIX

Kenwood / Sirius tuner took a dump

I have a Kenwood / Sirius tuner. The display keeps saying " Antenna error " & " Tuner error " I checked all the connections and every thing seems in order. The tuner is less than a year old and had been in use less than six months. Any one ever deal with this ? I am sure I can...
  20. MONMIX

Any body do a water pump swap on a SOHC ?

Yeah I smoked my water pump on my Ex. Spent near two hours sitting on I-95 waiting for the roll back to show up :( Then Blee slows up with Lemonade Gatorade !!!!!!! :) Now that is one cool friend !!!!!!!!!!! Any way, I have a new OEM water pump sitting on my tool box and I will be...
  21. MONMIX

Am I really the only one who does this ?

I, like many here am obsessed with keeping my Ex as clean as possible. One little trick I have been doing long before I got the Explorer, and for some reason it seems no one else I have asked, or I have seen does this. Keep a few packs of Handi-Wipes in your glove box so when you get back in...
  22. MONMIX

My hood scoop write up ( sub titled Rasin Bran )

The scoops were taken from a 1988 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe. They were pretty old, so I showed them some attention with some body filler and primer.
  23. MONMIX

Bama chip review MPG program

*** There are NO dyno results in this MPG program review. ( that even sounds silly ) *** the fourth program on my 4 program Bama chip was a 87 octane high MPG program. I am a fairly agressive driver from time to time. Pretty much an even mix of highway and " city " driving...
  24. MONMIX

Ummmm yeah that could be a problem ( a t-stat story )

Okay so Zorro is running a little hot as of the past few weeks. Progressivly. Each week a little bit hotter. I order a t-stat from Ford. Put it in the tool box and plan on doing it Thursday. Well I had no choice. Driving down to Annapolis Wednesday night it got up near 218 fWT comming...
  25. MONMIX

My engine bay

Showed the engine a little TLC today
Back