Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Little Things Fixed

I think that's just the nature of the new Ex and how well air sealed it is, try shutting it with another door open to see if the air pressure is causing it not to shut properly. I remember a long time back when I bought a 98 Ranger brand new I had to do a double-take on closing the doors...
  2. D

4.6 3v whine

I second vipers suggestion, run the truck without the belt for a few seconds, if there is no noise, then you know the noise is being caused by an accessory, mostly likely the power steering pump. I'm also familiar with using a stethoscope, you have two options, use the metal probe, or take...
  3. D

just found out you can install 09/10 nav in 06-07 explorers

That is really cool, can you post a how-to on this? Including what needs to be done with the wires and the part # for the amp? Thanks!
  4. D

235/65R18 Cooper CS4's or BFG Long Trail

tv4fish, Thanks for the info, but I had already gone with the BFG's, I may go with the CS4's next time. I did do a lot of research online, and most reviews for the tires were for light trucks, or crossovers, and only on here did I find anyone stating they used them for Ex's, even Coopers...
  5. D

Hey, sorry it took me so long to get back, actually the tires I got were not white letter, which kinda ticked me off cause I asked for it, but they knocked an extra 50$ off, and to be honest, I like it better now. I'll post pics soon, remember, I'm using Sport Trac 18" rims on my Eddie, so no...
  6. D

Why are explorers always BLOWN UP on Mythbusters??

Well how else are you gonna kill em?
  7. D

OK, Well thanks for all of the input, I went with the BFG's after all, I got them for $715 installed, plus $100 mail-in rebate from Kauffman tire, so $615 ain't too bad. Are you guys running the Cooper CS4's or the Cooper CTS's? I went to two more places and they were all like "those tires...
  8. D

18" Chrome Stock Explorer Eddie Bauer Rims where to get?

When we bought our 2006 EB with 18" faux-chrome rims, I immediately bought a set of 18" sport trac rims off of eBay for 300$ and then sold my faux-chrome ones on eBay for 500$ and made a nice little profit, and got better looking wheels IMO :)
  9. D

Thinking about a 2006

I own, and my wife drives a 2006 EB w/V8, we both love it, has plenty of power, plenty of space, and can tow a house... The only thing I wish we did was get a 2007, for a few reasons: 1. The 2007 has its door handles located in a better position on the inside. 2. The 2007 has auxiliary...
  10. D

Ladies and Gentlemen, Need your thoughts on something. Its time for me to replace my short-lived Michelin X-Terrain SUV tires with something else. I have narrowed my search down to two tires: Cooper CS4 Touring BFGoodrich Long Trail Touring T/A I can get both for around the same...
  11. D

Newbie from the UK saying hello!

Very cool, I like the same color grill and 16" wheels, its kind of like a mix between a USA Sport and a Limited.. what year are you planning on getting?
  12. D

Solved - Smoke from intake...

that's great to hear, interesting that the starter was loose, guess it was never installed properly, luckily it was an easy fix!
  13. D

2006 would like 2007 aux input jack

I found this model # on PIE.NET, but can't find out how much it costs, does anyone know? MODEL PIE FRD04-AUX
  14. D

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

IDHarris, I suggest taking your Ex to another dealership for a second opinion, from everything I've heard and seen, the tranny issue we're all talking about on this thread is related to the V8, it's very well possible that yours could be caused by something else entirely different, such as low...
  15. D

Solved - Smoke from intake...

Could you describe the grinding sound more? was it a really fast repetitive sound, or slower like with the engine turning over? It's possible that your starter motors teeth have broken and it's grinding against the flywheel when you start. As for the smoke, if it was coming from inside the...
  16. D

autozone duralast brake rotors

as always, follow the recommendations of the manufacturer, I agree, the procedure I mentioned isn't true 100% of the time, however when installing pads other than non-performance or racing pads, I have found this to be the proper procedure 99.9% of the time for all...
  17. D

autozone duralast brake rotors

I actually buy Advance AutoParts Rotors/Pads (mid grade) and the key to buying the cheapo-mid grade rotors is to turn them right when you buy them, sure it says "already machined" on the box and they are "supposed" to be true, but I can always see just a little out of round condition in them...
  18. D

Newbie from the UK saying hello!

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you! It's always great to see Explorer enthusiasts from across the pond. I'm really curious about the Ex that you are considering buying, is there a link to some pictures and specs for that particular model you can provide us? Again, welcome and I hope you...
  19. D

2006 would like 2007 aux input jack

This thread needs a bump, I too have an '06 EB with the standard 6-CD system, when I was recently in my friends 2008 rental Explorer, I saw that the head unit was essentially the same, but it also had a simple audio input jack. Can you simply order this jack setup and hook it directly up to the...
  20. D

'93 Sport Sunshade

I'm looking for a grey one, I have the standard grey cloth interior... if you could help that would be great, I'm planning on getting to the junkyard one of these days, I hear there are alot of old Cash 4 Clunkers 1st gen Explorers out there, would love to get some spare parts and a full...
  21. D

'93 Sport Sunshade

I would like to know this as well, currently I have a cardboard cutout as my sunshade, would really like the original....
  22. D

92' Sport 4x4 - RABS Module Bleeding Procedure - Need Assistance

Sometimes all you need is a little adjustment... Tony H, You were right, the rears were completely out, I adjusted them up to where they just had a slight bit of drag and that did the trick, the pedal feels great now, and with my new rotors/calipers/pads up front, it stops straight and...
  23. D

Well it's been wet and nasty here the past few days and I haven't had a chance to climb under the Explorer to actually look at the RABS unit to see if it has a bleeder valve or not, I will pull it into the garage and do that later today. Tony, I also think you may be right, I need to adjust...
  24. D

how to eliminate the push button 4wd

There wouldn't be any way to just swap the manual linkage from one with a manual T/C to an auto T/C? You have to change out the entire T/C? From pictures I've seen side-by-side it looks like the manual linkage has the same bolt-pattern on the back as the motor, it is just mechanical, am I wrong?
  25. D

Thanks for the info, to update, it's actually been doing this since before I replaced the front calipers/lines so its an ongoing issue. As for the rear ABS module, is it possible that it has an air bubble trapped in it or is possibly clogged? The reason I am asking is that I have driven another...
Back