Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Starting to get worried.

I love my new Exploder limited - almost 3 months of ownership. Drives excellent, is comfortable, and I feel very safe in it. MFT is probably the only downside when it doesn't work well, which happens rarely. When it works it is awesome. But I remain hopeful that most issues will eventually be...
  2. F

Lets hear from those that use the NuShield on their MFT!

+1 And would like to add that it was very easy to install.
  3. F

Looking for info on Weather Tech 3rd Row Mat.

Gandalf - Yes, 2nd and 3rd row seats fold down with no problems at all and without pinching the mat.
  4. F

drober30 - Your welcome. Anytime. Yes a little extra flap might have been helpful. But they are good for at least where it matters most. It is my understanding that the Husky liners might have a bit more coverage, although with a different design pattern, fit and finish. You may want to...
  5. F

Kabiblue - Actually my Limited interior is black, albeit the carpeted surfaces are more on the gray side. The mats are black. The pictures look more on the gray side because of the camera exposure. Here's another set of the pics with a different exposure level and resembling more the "true"...
  6. F

As requested here's pictures of the 3rd row + others. As I said before I'm very happy with the purchase of the Weathertechs. 1st Row Uploaded with ImageShack.us 2nd Row Uploaded with ImageShack.us 3rd Row Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  7. F

Yes it does. I really like the Weathertech fit, finish and quality.
  8. F

Consumer Reports slams the Explorer!

I take car reviews on these mags with a grain of salt. Most publishers have a love/hate relationship with the car manufacturers. Take Porsche for example, they are in bed with Automobile and Road & Track magazines whom typically publish very favorable reviews on various Porsche testers, not so...
  9. F

2011 Ford Explorer Transmission Problems?

Sorry to hear about the transmission issue. Hope it gets resolved thoroughly and without further issues.
  10. F

New Sirius channel lineup effective May 4th.

Thank you for the heads-up. Hopefully by then my Sync system has finished donwloading the channel lineup for when I try to browse the channels :rolleyes:
  11. F

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

Anyone knows if powered retracting running boards are or might be available for the '11 X? Like these Powerboards http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/powerboard%E2%84%A2_automatic_running_boards_by_bestop-reg-/24176.aspx That's what I would like to install on my X.
  12. F

Towing Wiring Harness

Best way to remove cover is to pull it off straight as it sits after removing the 2 screws without bending much. Pick a corner and start pulling from there towards you. It'll come right off. It'll get easier next time.
  13. F

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

I typically like to use Michelin tires best suited for my vehicles, and thus I was a bit concerned at first with Hankooks on my new X Limited. After a month of ownership I would say that I'm perfectly fine with them. Road noise is low, grip and handling are acceptable. Can't speak of...
  14. F

Push Button Start

+1 Works like a charm. Press keypad buttons 7 & 9 simultaneously. Will lock and keep your vehicle locked with the key fob inside the vehicle.
  15. F

Thank you forum members!

That's great news Mike! Congrats on the new Ex! :party: You're going to love your new vehicle. I'm almost into 1 month of ownership myself and everyday I get more and more impressed with the vehicle, and as yourself I have enjoyed the helpfulness and great information source the community...
  16. F

List of Useful Threads Hints for a Pre-Pick Up Inspection & Used Ex. Check List

You may want to add: + Dealer should pair your phone(s) to the Sync system prior to leaving dealership and confirm you can place and receive calls. + Check for spare tire & tools
  17. F

Husky / Weathertech mats - Group Buy

I only got the small behind the 3rd row liner, and it does a pretty good job. The liner arrived a bit dirty and with a couple creases that haven't gone away. Regardless, the fit is right and will provide the protection I was seeking. Given that I have the Weathertech 1st, 2nd and 3rd row...
  18. F

Any 2011 Explorers in SO CAL? Free Product for those interested

EGR - Is the installation permament? My White Platinum Limited might be enticed to be the guinea pig. I'm in the West LA area.
  19. F

Incentive blues ...

Just ask for it. And hold your ground. That's what I did while negotiating the price of my new Ex, and have successfully done with all my most recent car purchases. Regardless of the perceived rarity of the vehicle, there is always room for negotiation independent of any rebates that may or may...
  20. F

NuShield Website

I just ordered mine and used the following code for 10% discount ---> NCLP10 <--- Hope it works for those interested as well.
  21. F

Coolness!... Just ordered the small behind 3rd row liner. Andrea was very nice and pleasant. Thank you for coordinating this group buy! Should be a nice addition to the 1, 2 & 3rd row set I have from Weathertech. Regards.
  22. F

GPS Question

Not on mine, at least not yet after a few days of ownership. So far it has been very accurate, including traffic. Albeit, dictating the address directions in the Sync system is still tricky. Part of the challenge is a lot of street names in Southern California are of Spanish origin, and the...
  23. F

I would be interested in the Husky WeatherBeater Cargo Behind 3rd Row in BLACK (SKU#23791) Thanks.
  24. F

Bummer! I just ordered from Weathertech a couple days ago for 1st, 2nd and 3rd rows. But I'd be interested in Husky's WeatherBeater Cargo Behind 3rd Row. Thanks!
  25. F

Paint treatment or clear bra?

IMHO - Skip the dealer's inside/outside protection. I highly recommend using 303 Aerospace protectant for the interior (finished leather, vinyl, plastics (NOT MFT screen or clear plastics) and all exterior trim (rubber, plastics, etc). Have been using it on my Porsche 911 for 7 years, all...
Back