p0741 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

p0741

1. B

Wrench light pops and p0741 obd dtc

Hello explorer enthusiasts. need some help with my ford explorer 2010 xlt. With 5R55S Since past few days i am experiencing some issues with the truck. Wrench light comes on everytime i go above 4 th gear. But no unusual behavior with the truck.. no limp mode or anything. Takes off good...
  2. D

Best price on a TCC solenoid for 5R55E 4WD

Looking for the best price on a TCC solenoid for a 4WD 5R55E, not sure if I need a bracket with it or not but yall will inform me if I do, so far the lowest I have found was on eBay for $43, would also like a transmission filter kit if you know any good ones that are cheap. Thank you in advance.
  3. C

Re-build or just solenoids?! P0741 & P1741.

Hi guys! First time posting here but I am a long time reader... let me give a little background into my situation. I bought my 2000 Ford Explorer Limited about 5 years ago with 150k. She currently is at 188k. I recently took a road trip about 2 hours out of town. When I got into town, I stopped...
  4. P

P0741 Diagnosis

Last week my OD light started flashing, and I noticed she revs around 500 rpm higher than usual to get up any gear. I used a scanner to pull the code and unfortunately found a P0741. (I remember hearing/feeling a very very light thunk when it came on for the first time, but never since) Since...
  5. mfitz725

P0741 on 5r55e after fluid filter change

I was having no problems with the transmission but thought it time for a fluid/filter change at 160k. Now I'm getting a flashing o/d light and a p0741 code. I've read thru a number of posts and still am not certain how to approach this. Is it possible I damaged the TCC solenoid? I had a devil of...
  6. R

Still have P0741 after replacing TCC solenoid

Hi all, been a while since I've been around, (put a mustang motor in my 98 explorer, rebuilt rear end etc. with a lot of help from this site). Now I have an issue with the 5r55e (code D) transmission. The o/d off light started flashing and it clunked as it went below 20mph while slowing down...
  7. D

Trial By Fire: 5R55E, Shade Tree Style

The vehicle: 1997 Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0 SOHC w/ towing package, 174,000 miles. What happened: O/D OFF light was flashing intermittently, and before I could get it in to have the codes read, the transmission overheated due to a problem with the Torque Converter Clutch System. As I later...
  8. R

Urgent 5spd auto tranny code help needed.

Fine Ladies and Gentlemen of the explorer forums .. I am in in need of your urgent help in diagnosing my tranny issue. Recently the o/d light has begun flashing always at some point, every drive sometimes going away for awhile. The tranny seems ok even when the light is flashing although...
  9. F

2000 Explorer P0741 Question

Ok My first post here on the boards, but I have been doing a lot of reading already. First I'll give you a little history then ask my question. History: I have had my 2000 Explorer (174k miles) for about 5 years (purchased 2nd hand)and during the past few years I began hearing a squeaking...
Back