´99 Rims on ´06 Eddie | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

´99 Rims on ´06 Eddie

I´m still searching for summer-rims for my Eddie, and because the SLX / XLT are delivered with 16"´s, I decided today to swap the wheels from my 99 XLT with those from my Eddie.

Dim´s :

99 XLT : 7 x 16 " Offset 12 , 255 / 70 R 16

06 Eddie : 7.5 x 18" Offset 44 , 235 / 65 R 18

Guess a 7 x 16" Offset "0" with 255´s will fit perfekt, or 275´s on a 7 x 16 Offset 12.

But if you think about using the 18" from the Eddie on a second-gen : use spacers ! There are two reasons :

1.) If you turn the steering to the limit, the fronttires will rub on the crossbar / stabilizer

2.) the GE-Version with the big plastic fenderflares looks like a twintire-sys lost the outer wheel. ;)

Here are some pics, have fun !

At first my Eddie :
Eddie255-1.jpg

Eddie255-2.jpg

Eddie255-3.jpg

And here´s the 99:
99Chrom-2.jpg

99Chrom-1.jpg

99Chrom-3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Makes the 06 look a little "tougher" :thumbsup:

Wow! I thought the wheels looked a little weird on my '06. Yours looks pretty good with the '99 wheels. Improves the stance quite a bit.

Now the '99 with the '06 wheels looks goofy. Definitely looks like a dually without the second set of wheels.

Crizz man... YUCK. No offense put them back the way they were.

I like the '06 with the older rims. Can't say the same about the 18s.

Well I guess I am in the minority haha

CEO, it was only a try-out to see how this dimension would fit on the 2006. Im thinking about rims from Cobra ( Apache or Montana ) or American Racing ( Baja or 101-Series ).

What interested me most was the offset, cause the 2006-factory rims have +44 mm´s ( 1.7" ) offset, the 99-fact.rims have only +12 mm´s ( 1/2" ) offset. Would be stupid ordering any rims w/o knowing they will fit with the desired tires ;)

Gotcha, thank god lol. Go with the Apache rims.

The other way around...

Was looking to see if '06 rims would fit on a '99 EB and couldn't find anything until your article here! Thank so much for taking the time to post these pics, they were incredibly helpful in me not making a goofy mistake...although I do love the '06 rims.....VERY much appreciated!!

Back