01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

Has anyone seen a sport trac with the Cali lean or bulldogged? With just torsion twist.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've heard it called the Carolina squat if it's what I think you're talking about. Where the front sits higher than the rear? I saw one a while ago but most I see have a rake towards the front.

Yeah. Well I was gonna do it with mine it's just leveled now an I was gonna get some 31 in general grabbers and lift the front another inch. But I wanted to see how it looked first

The only other lifted trac I've seen in my area looked like it had about a 5 or 6 inch lift in front and nothing in the rear. Only seen it twice, and looks kinda ridiculous, i'll try to get a pic of it next time

Im not wanting to go that high. Like tops 2 inches just enough to notice. And I wanna fit 31s with which is no problem. But I'm not doing it till I get my tires

So I can't seem to find any pics online but I'll keep an eye out for em around. Honestly I think it'll be easiest if you just slide under the truck real quick. Literally all it is is tightening up the torsion bolts. I went by quarter turns and kept trace of how many quarter turns I did. If you count too and for some reason don't like the look all you have to do is loosen the bolts that many turns and it's right back where you started, no harm no foul. Shouldn't take more than 45 minutes honestly.

This style F150 is really close to a sport trac look and this is about what just a torsion twist on our trucks would look like.

31683862t-showem-off-post-up-97-03-trucks-img_0040.jpg

Yeah that's what I'm looking for..maybe a little higher

I personally like the raked look with the back higher but I like the occasional squatted truck too. Like I said I think the easiest thing would to just crawl under there and test it out. Just don't go above 2" if you're 4x4.

I'm 2wd...a while backminwas gonna do a Prerunner style....expensive lol

That does take some big bucks.

Eventually I'll do it or sas with soa in the back

Thats my project for next summer. Right now Ive got the tt/shackles and a body lift in. Enught to run 35s comfortably but I still want more clearance. Already hunting for axles

You fit 35s with just a torsion twist and shackles?

And a body lift. One great thing about the sport tracs is you can't even tell there is a BL done.

Ratbiker recently posted his ST in the Lifted ST thread. He's got a lot more lift than you were talking about but it has the Cali lean look to it.

img0302jt.jpg

Its a little hard to tell from the angle but maybe out helps.

And a body lift. One great thing about the sport tracs is you can't even tell there is a BL done.

Do you think between you or offtrac you could squeeze 36s on there or you doubt it? Since you both have 35s, i was just wondering how much more room you have. Either way cant wait to see the ST @ truck nats.

Do you think between you or offtrac you could squeeze 36s on there or you doubt it? Since you both have 35s, i was just wondering how much more room you have. Either way cant wait to see the ST @ truck nats.

I think it'd be a lot of rubbing compared to 35s. I don't think they would stuff as well at full flex. All the cutting for 35s is cosmetic and if done well it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb but I think 36s would be pushing it.

I would say no, but that's also what I was told when I said I was determined to get 35s under there. There's definitely some more room inside the wheel wells but would require more trimming, probably more than I'd want to do to preserve some protection for the engine bay. Just a guess, though. The stock bumpstops have me about an inch from the plastic. My tires at less than half tread, though, so keep that in mind.

On hard downhill turns at full lock, the tires keep grabbing the stock gap guard and ripping it away. So, I have found more necessary trimming or may just need pinned back better. With 36s, you'd probably lose that whole piece and you'd need to find another way to keep the engine bay clean.

There's definitely room in the rear for 36s. A SOA would very easily fit 37s.

I'd be inclined to say no, but for the same reason everyone told me I couldn't do 35s without cutting up the trim like JohnRock and TxPlates did. Side note, I'm getting closer and closer to cutting the trim off (whole 'nother topic;)). Same reason everyone told you not to go with 14.5" tires. When something hasn't been proven, most lean toward the side of skeptical. I am skeptical, but wouldn't be surprised if it was possible.

For 2wd guys, I'd guess that a body lift, 3" TT and AAL would give enough room for 36s. Guessing, though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I decided...I'm going to do a solid axle swap, but......instead of leaf springs....offroad air suspension system.....lot of work....but it's going to be legit

Back