01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

I think that with a body lift and the Superlift, you'd be able to fit that size tire.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If the suspension isn't going to get worked that much and you know the upkeep involved, 36s wouldn't be that difficult to do. Especially with a Superlift and body lift. If I wasn't already planning on going to 1 tons and wasn't going to be using my truck on trails much, I'd consider the Superlift and 36s. No need for more than the body lift to fit 35s, so if you're going with a suspension lift, I don't see why you'd stay at 35s anyway, especially on a rarely driven street vehicle.

Thanks for the input I have always loved the look of the ST.

You should be able to just level it out with the stock torsion bar bolts. The extra leaf would be to raise up the back as well. If you only want the front leveled out a simple torsion twist will do. If you want to add a little bit of the lift and level it out order an add a leaf from pro comp or similar. I dont think that kit will work on our sport Tracs.

I looked through here and couldnt find any info on the Ready Lift torsion keys that are on jc whitney and summits websites... Says they go 2.25" of lift and clear 32s but im curious if they ride the same as a standard torsion twist or if smoother since they replace the stock key/bolt altogether... Any info or input is appreciated

Waste of money. Just do a 2" TT if you're 4WD, 3" if 2WD. It rides about the same, alittle stiffer but that's good for our trucks.

There really Are no differences in ride quality. It's all in the actual torsion bar itself not the bolts or keys. You'd be wasting your money.

So just do a garage 2" TT with some nice shocks like adjustable ranchos or something and run like a 32x11.50r16 and itd be ok for daily driving and mild offroading?

Would i need to do any trimming to clearance for the 32s or would they fit clean? And will it work with stock wheels?

32's will work with the stock wheels. Just to be sure you're asking about 265/75/16s correct? A little bit of trimming may be needed to stuff the tires when flexing but you might be able to get by using zipties to hold the plastic back. If you were to trim, you can do it so that no one can tell you did any cutting at all. Save for some guys on here that have done the same thing haha.

Precisely. Honestly the only way you can find out is when you actually get the tires on. Either way it won't be too much trimming

CentralPencader-20120520-00372.jpg

CentralPencader-20120520-00373.jpg

These are 31x10.50x15 on the stock 15x7 wheels but it also has the 3" bodylift with 2" torsion twist and shackle lift in the rear. I think you would be able to fit a skinny 32 on there with just a TT and SL.

IMG-20111110-00072.jpg

Thats the front 235/75-15 with a 2" TT.

IMG-20111110-00071.jpg

Thats the rear 235/75-15 with the warrior shackles.

265/75r16 bfg all terrains probably for tires on stock wheels with the 2" TT amd possible trimming

my truck fit my 36's easily with the superlift and BL with very slight trimming due to them damn three stage lugs...

i just added the shackles and turned the torsions up alittle just to even the whole thing out. i never crank torsions. i find it a waste of comfort. but with super swampers, there is little comfort anyway ahaha WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

265/75r16 bfg all terrains probably for tires on stock wheels with the 2" TT amd possible trimming

Check out the lifted sport tracs picture thread. Pawe a member on here just posted a pic of his trac with a torsion twist shackles and 32s. Everything you want. Take a looksy.

I'm curious, how much trimming would be involved with running 35x12.5 tires with body lift, tt/aal? Also, what backspace should i use for that, I'm thinking 4" bs but i'd like some input on that

Check my registry linked below. Also search "35 KM2s Installed". I think I've answered all these questions in those two threads. If there's something not covered, just ask.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Offtracs 35 km2s thread is really helpful as far as trimming. 4" backspace would be right in the middle of what most people run.

Back