034x4's D44 SAS thread... | Page 34 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

034x4's D44 SAS thread...

I think this is my first post here, but i've used this board for alot of research on explorer and ranger SAS. So i finally decided i should post my project and it's progress so far.

The truck originally is a 2003 edge 4x4. 37,000 miles with 4.10's/LS.
I had 3" body lift, fiberglass front fenders and cut rear fenders to have plenty of clearance for 35x12.50 BFG mudders. Made a trip down to savannah and on the way home my passenger hub bearing pretty much exploded. Taking with it, the pass knuckle, caliper, rotor, bent inner tie-rod, ground flat outter tie-rod. I already had the D44 in preperation for the SAS but with this, i decided to go ahead and start on it.

This is the ranger, in the beginning.

7cbc01ed.jpg

After the bearing failure, at 70mph on I-75 north...

2a08b95d.jpg

33975f5e.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, hes a friend of my housemate's. Ill try and get a hold of him for you.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Jey.. you might have already mentioned this, but how far is your axle moved forward if at all? Also, can I get a pic of your Yota box without the BL installed? Thanks!

Just throwin a heads up, possible 3-link front soon and an almost definate 42x14r15 iroks soon. I wonder if the d44 will hold up? Only time will tell.

I'll try and remember that damn picture tomorrow.

sounds retarded!

did you ever get a pic of you buddies XJ front link setup??

wish i had the money to buy your old springs with those basically brand new bushings and the shackles n such.... oh well.. maybe there will be another crazy sob who isnt happy with their first sweet ass SAS setup and i can get there old stuff cheap when its my time to do it.

The springs arn't going to be that much when I sell them. New they were 380 shipped.

No didn't take any pics of jeremy's 3-link gil, maybe one day, with my sweet ass camera phone.

Yes 3 link is 2 lowers (1" heims and 2 .250 wall tubing) and one upper with a trac-bar. BUT if I get rockwells (which I'm discussing with someone right now) I'll just run a 4-link front and rear.

Will have 14/42r15 IROK's by ~wednesday and a week or two after that I'll have coilovers...

did you ever get your inspection bs sorted out ?

Sigh :(

uhh ohh !!!! big pimpin spinnin the 42s . when those goin on ?

thems perty big tares

You sell dope?

what do you plan to do with the 44 after you pop in your new axles?

j602 said:
You sell dope?

hhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahaha......he does...some good shnit...

Back