• Register Today It's free!

06 Door Panel Removal

ricochet

Reaction score
City, State
Hazleton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 XLT
Anyone know how I can get my front and rear door panels off on my 06 XLT?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my tint'er had to pop off the hard plastic cover facing inside (on the window controls and door release) and then there are a couple bolts and then the normal door attachments around the outside, take your time and you should be fine

Thanks, I need to tint my windows and replace the speakers but didn't want to go into it blind.

if possible, it would be very useful for all if you can take some pics and show us , when you swapped the speakers. thx alot !

I certainly will. I plan on doing it this weekend if all goes as planned.

I'm also anxiously awaiting any pics/instructions. Thought I was going to replace my door speakers this weekend, but I haven't been able to figure out these new door panels yet. Thanks!

I did it! I didn't even break anything (yet).

The hard plastic outside cover over the armrest (vertically mounted) as well as the wood grain hard plastic cover over the electronic window control buttons (horizontally mounted) simply pop off (4 compression tabs on each) to reveal two screws under each cover. Be careful to try to find the spots where the tabs are located on the underside of each cover so you don't bend/break the covers (4 tabs on each, two on each side). Once those covers are removed, remove the screws under the covers, as well as the two screws on the bottom of the door panel. The entire door panel will then lift straight up over the door lock. After you lift the panel up and over the door lock, unclip the wiring harness and your done.

RPR,
Thanks for the instruction cuz I was totally lost this weekend trying to figure this out. I was prying in those areas but I didn't want to break anything. Guess I'll give it anouther shot.

As far as the weather will be kind with me I´ll try it next WE, unfortunately I catched a cold some days ago..

I'll try to post some pics in the next day or two.

Back