06 Ford Explorer Cylinder 6 misfire | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 Ford Explorer Cylinder 6 misfire

jamica

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer eb
My 06 V8 Explorer has been driving kind of goofy for a couple of months. It started only occurring around 55 mph where it pulls funny and if I give it more gas its fine. Then it started happening a lot more and the check engine light would flash about 20 times then shut off. Sometimes there is a really load clunk noise that occurs as well. I finally brought it in last Tuesday and the mechanic said there is defiantly something not right but there were not any codes and that I needed to wait until the check engine light came on and stayed on. Of course 3 days later the light came on and stayed on and I immediately brought it back in. They said that the code read as a mis fire on cylinder 6 and they replaced the spark plugs and the ignition coil. My explorer is still driving weird. Its better, but still not right. Any ideas of what it might be? Should I bring it back to the shop I had it at or man up and bring it to the dealership.

Thanks!
:salute:

I had this problem on my Mounty, the dealer did a transmission software update and with new plugs its gone away completely.

Back