• Register Today It's free!

06 Tire upgrades?

blksn8k

Reaction score
City, State
Clinton, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Sport Trac Limited 4x4
I've been kicking around the idea of replacing my 02 Ranger FX4 with an 07 Sport Trac Limited 4.6L 4x4. I believe the Limited will be equiped with 235/65/18's on 7.5" wide alloys. My question is, what is the largest tire that will fit in the new model's wheel wells? I would really like to stick with Goodrich All-Terrain TA's but the only size they offer for an 18" wheel is a 285/65. That is quite a bit taller than the stock tire and I would be concerned about clearance as well as killing performance. The 285 BFG's are 32.8" dia whereas the stock Michelins Cross Terrains are only 27".

A 235/65/18 is roughly a 30-9.00-18 tire while the 285/65/18 is a 33-11.00-18. Not a huge difference in height, and shouldnt affect performance from the V-8 too much with 3.73s.

Dan

From everything I have read, the V8 comes with 3.55's and the V6 comes with the 3.73's. Does anyone know how difficult it is to correct the speedo. Does anyone make a plug-in programmer yet? I have a Hypertech for the Cobra and it was pretty easy to correct for the swap to 4.10's.

On another mod, I wonder how difficult it would be to add a Saleen or Roush supercharger? I was sold on the SVT Adrenalin until Ford scrapped it. If I have to I will build my own but with a little more off-road capability... :eek:

By the way, I have been doing a little research on pricing and the 07 Limited equipped like I want it would X-plan right around $30,000. Not too bad considering that this includes a power moonroof, the bed extender cage, towing package and hard tonneau cover.

with the XCal-II, you can adjust tire size and gear ratio. No prob. Just check for the threads about XCal-II. I´m running it since june ´06 and I´m very pleased with it.

Back