Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

07 cab corner rust bubbles

Discussion in '2007 - 2010 Explorer Sport Trac' started by mrcube07, February 13, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. mrcube07

mrcube07 New Member

City, State:
      Chicago
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2007 explorer sport trac
      Hey everyone,

After washing all the salt off my truck and putting on some spray wax. I noticed some bubbles on the bottom cab corners. Have any of you had this issue, if so how did you guys go about fixing it so I don't get a rust hole andy time soon. I fixed the high mount stop lamp and its dry. I push on the bubbles and it feels solid the only crunching I hear is the loose paint

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Trac Marks

Trac Marks Active Member

Sport Trac
      Well, its rusting from the inside out. When you replaced your CHMSL, was the old gasket flattened out and useless? I ask because I've read here and elsewhere the rear window itself can be the source of the leak as well as the roof rails and the cab corners.

4. mrcube07

mrcube07 New Member

City, State:
      Chicago
      2007 explorer sport trac
      I just took a better look and it seems as if a rock hit it. Yes the gasket was bad it was flat as a pan cake, I removed the head liner and water tested it after I replaced it and its dry as a bone. I had a buddy with a power washer spray the window and the roof and no water at all came inside. as for the bubbles if you shine a light on it there is like a small chip :( hopefully I can sand it down and re shoot it.

5. mrcube07

mrcube07 New Member

City, State:
      Chicago
      2007 explorer sport trac
      Just took a second look and IDK if its a rock chip or not, How do I go by removing the rear trim so I can take a look at the floor.

6. mrcube07

mrcube07 New Member

City, State:
      Chicago
      2007 explorer sport trac
      Just took a look by removing the sub cover thing, and ya Dray as a bone and no rust it was all smooth gray primed metal it must be from a rock or something then. The only thing I saw was a leaf. Ill take a dremel and grind everything down and re shoot it in a couple of weeks when the weather is warmer! in the meantime. Looks like I should start waxing it and washing it as much as i can so it won't spread