How to: - 1.5" body lift for less than $50 | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Kyle, i had a squeaking noise in the back before i did my body lift and it was gone after the lift, turned out that my back body mounts must have been loose.

also, check your rear wheel bearings, could just be a coincidence?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my wife has a 05 explorer eb and i have a 04 explorer xlt. we both want lifts.i am having 2657516 installed tomorrow and her's is getting 2657017 thursday.my questions on the 1.5 in bL is the rear ac lines going to flex that much or am i going to have to modify them? i think all my other questions have been answered but i concerned with these line since they are so expensive.

my wife has a 05 explorer eb and i have a 04 explorer xlt. we both want lifts.i am having 2657516 installed tomorrow and her's is getting 2657017 thursday.my questions on the 1.5 in bL is the rear ac lines going to flex that much or am i going to have to modify them? i think all my other questions have been answered but i concerned with these line since they are so expensive.

your ac lines should be fine i didnt have to modify mine

I noticed this right away after doing the 1.5 lift. The ac lines that stretched on mine were in the front. They appear to be moved just a tad. They are forced to move with the lift and are actually pushed a bit tight on something in the engine bay. I've looked at it a few times now and it doesn't appear to be damaged in any way.

I will try to get some pics. I still need to do an after lift pic as well.

After my 3" body lift my A/C and brake lines were fine. Only my 12v to my alternator was too short. Definitely remember to disconnect your battery.....

This is the only thing that stretched. Not sure what it is really.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Link to "step by step"

Hi, I was getting ready to print and start this project...followed the links on the "stickied" post on 1st page and it is blank. Anyone know where I can find the original posts with the step by step instructions?

Thanks!

How well would this lift work on a 1996 explorer. Will the stock sized shocks still work. Also what about that little shock on the passenger side from the frame to body? What is that shock called anyways, i tried to get a replacement from the parts store and they looked at me like I was crazy asking about the 5th shock.

Stick4503 said:
How well would this lift work on a 1996 explorer. Will the stock sized shocks still work. Also what about that little shock on the passenger side from the frame to body? What is that shock called anyways, i tried to get a replacement from the parts store and they looked at me like I was crazy asking about the 5th shock.

Hey man welcome! This forum is broken into different generations for our X's. You'd probably have better luck looking in the 1995-2001 modified forum. Try here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240957

Thanks. I did look around in that area but could only find high priced store bought lifts.

Yes, the PA883 IS more expensive at around $200... I just look at it as 2 1/2 tanks of gas and then it's only pocket change....

Well im going to bite the bullet finally, I had a 3 inch spacer installed at one point then removed it... Then I re-installed it without removing steering by mistake and messed something up. Went to stock and its been fine for a year... Just ordered 1 inch blocks and bolts so we will see If I get the steering squeaks again...

If i was to do a straight 2 inch lift would i be able to do it with these same parts? Without having to extend the steering and what not?

If i was to do a straight 2 inch lift would i be able to do it with these same parts? Without having to extend the steering and what not?

you might have trouble re-using the stock bolts in the locations where they are specified in the write up.

front/rear bumper to bumper cover clearance might be a bit more of an issue.

Not sure on the steering shaft.

Hmm looks like ill just be doing the 1.5 lift then. I bought all the bolts specified in this write up just got in inch blocks. Ill return them for the 1.5 inch. Thanks though!

Hey guys--New to the forum and coming up with great ideas for my newly acquired 05 Mountaineer. Just want to know if this 1.5" BL will work for sure on it or if anyones ever done it on a 05 Mounty. Thanks for any replies and great looking rigs.

Hey guys--New to the forum and coming up with great ideas for my newly acquired 05 Mountaineer. Just want to know if this 1.5" BL will work for sure on it or if anyones ever done it on a 05 Mounty. Thanks for any replies and great looking rigs.

There's no difference between an Explorer and a Mountaineer, your all set.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks-Submitted order for the blocks. Will swing to hardware store tomorrow to see if they have bolts. Thanks

Back