Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford PI Utility
Callsign
VA3YFU
Greeting fellers!

Decided to add a aftermarket remote lock/unlock to the ole truck. But im stuck in a pickle and cant seem to find any info on a few wires. (Already checked the ford upfitters guide)

Pin 1 - +12V all times. Check

Pin 2 - Ground input Check

Pin 3 - +12V ignition input. Check

Pin 4 - Lock output, negative output. This wire rest at positive. No idea where to find this one

Pin 5 - Unlock output, negative output This wire rest at positive. No idea where to find this one either

So really just need some assistance for the Lock/Unlock wires. Guess i could take the door panel off and ollow the wires from the lock/unlock button and see where they lead and splice in from there.

But to save time i figured id try here first and see if anyone has some info on a location and colour of these 2 wires :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum eh.:wave:
Nice to see another 'ham' join up.

Peter

Since i cant seem to find info anyplace.. One of these days when its not raining all week in Ontario ill pop the door panel off and see if i can trace down the lock/unlock wires and tap into them

Unlock - YE-VT
Lock - BU-GN

Super! Them were the correct ones. Took a bit to figure out the location as i saw some other wires with the same colours.
But my little project is now working :)

Back