1960 Dodge Dart Seneca Project | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1960 Dodge Dart Seneca Project

dart_seneca.jpg
1960-dodge.jpg
Here is a pic of the dash from the same model:
IMG_1124.jpg

The brown car in the attached photo is the actual car I bought. The green car is what they looked like new.

It's a beast that's for sure! I really like the front bumper and the dash on this model. If I decide to keep her my plan is to drop in a ridiculously powerful BB Mopar and have a hell of sleeper on the street:D When I say ridicoulously powerful I'm thinking along the lines of 750 - 1000hp on pump gas:burnout: A turbo motor isn't out of the question.

I'm hoping that buying the car will be more motiviation for me to build a detached garage to store our current rides. I will need the whole attached garage for the restoration on the "new" Dart.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So is a full tank only half?:D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Oh fun... The gas gauge on the Seneca is way off. Half tank is actually empty... Sitting on side of road waiting for Char to rescue me... LOL.

Rick Horwitz - Mobile Admin

Sounds like our '66. I spent the better part of a day "recalibrating" the fuel gauge in the car. This entailed draining the tank and pulling the sending unit to bend the lever to adjust the level. Ended up doing it 4 or 5 times before I got it "close enough'..

The joys of an old car..

1D7_2532.jpg
1D7_2543.jpg
1D7_2545.jpg
1D7_2546.jpg
Started working on cancer eradication today. The weather seal dried up around the trunk lid and let a lot of water in over the years.

rustrepair.jpg
Piecing the puzzle back together...

Today's work. A big thanks to Brandon for letting me use his bead roller:chug:

Attachments

• 1D7_2547.jpg
    1D7_2547.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 492

1D7_2550.jpg
1D7_2551.jpg
1D7_2552.jpg
Not fun... but once it's done, it's done.

Not fun... but once it's done, it's done.

Your getting really good at that.. I think I'm gonna bring the van up to you (or you down) to teach me how to fix the cancer on the Van..

Some of the cancer is around the windshield. :(

~Mark

Once it cools off again bring the van up and we'll go at it :D

I broke down and bought an Eastwood bead roller. I used my friends on the right side, mine on the left. The frame on the bead roller flexes and deflects the rollers slightly rather than going as deep as it should. I've already found some mods I can do to the bead roller to strengthen it for next time.

1D7_2567.jpg
1D7_2569.jpg
1D7_2571.jpg
Getting close to buttoning it back up...

1D7_2572.jpg
Done!!!:biggthump

1D7_2592.jpg
1D7_2593.jpg
Topside is done, time to prime and paint the underside.:thumbsup:

1D7_2594.jpg
1D7_2596.JPG
Underside in epoxy primer:

1D7_2612.jpg
All done except for carpeting:chug:

The subwoofer is from the Pumpkin.:exporange It's definitely been abused both sonically and physically! :D I need to give it a bath before I bolt it down for good.

Thanks:D Almost makes it look like I know what I'm doing:eek:

Once it cools off again bring the van up and we'll go at it :D

I broke down and bought an Eastwood bead roller. I used my friends on the right side, mine on the left. The frame on the bead roller flexes and deflects the rollers slightly rather than going as deep as it should. I've already found some mods I can do to the bead roller to strengthen it for next time.

Now I'm jealous.

I'd love to have a decent bead roller, along with a tube roller, and lastly, free time to play with it all..

Looking good!

A sheet metal bender is next on my list. Nothing big, just the Eastwood vise mounted model.

Back