1991 4WD Explorer XLT fast sale $400 117k - needs gas tank/pump and front trans seal. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 4WD Explorer XLT fast sale $400 117k - needs gas tank/pump and front trans seal.

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD 302
Hi, quick offer to buy a good stock 4WD truck cheap. I have so rarely driven it as a backup vehicle that the trans started leaking from the front seal about ten years ago. I had to stop driving it in 2006 because the leak was taking a quart every 15 minutes or so when hot.

I've only started it about once a year since then, and last year it didn't start. I figured it was bad gas or the plugs. I put new plugs and wires in it recently, but now I cannot get the fuel pump to do anything, hot-wiring the relay gets nothing. So I'm done with it and need to move it out. I've got the tank out since I need another plastic 22 gallon for another project later. I'm sure the pump needs swapped again.

The windshield leaks a hair from the front edge(seal is bad/cracked), mirror fell off, and the RR window doesn't move. It has nice seats, grey interior, AC worked, it has minor corrosion but nothing major.
So a quick call if someone close to Knoxville can come get it before I have to call a local JY.

Back