Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1994 Explorer XLT

Discussion in 'Modified 1991-1994 Explorers' started by Taprot, January 17, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Taprot

Taprot New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2008 Saturn vue
      Hey, currently looking around for a suitable 4wd vehicle and came across this.

1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 (CLEAN and CHEAP )

Looks really clean and maintained, wouldn't know for sure until driving it. But looks like a great starting point for me. Want something to put a few inches lift and bigger tires that's also going to be somewhat reliable. I wanted a manual, but all I can find around me are 2wd Cherokees with 250k miles that kids got a hold of and are lifted with big tires for no reason. Anyway, this is the only suv/truck I could find in my price range and am mainly looking for what to check for when buying one, and the reliability of these vehicles. Thanks.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. DragonOrca

DragonOrca New Member

City, State:
      California
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      94 Ford Explorer, XLT
      I have had my 94 explorer for 10 years. With little issues. They are reliable vehicles. The automatic hubs are truble some, I am looking into building a off road vehicle out of mine.