Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1994 Ford Explorer Limited Edition

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by VA7LFD, June 10, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. VA7LFD

VA7LFD New Member

City, State:
      Langley
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1994 Limited Edition Expl
      My 1994 Limited Edition has a sunroof which just quit working. I pulled the drivers door panel off and checked the wiring and switches. I am getting no voltage ( 12 Volts ) at the switch. I checked all the fuses under the dash and at the front engine compartment all are in perfect working condition. Is there any other place I can check? I would love to have it working but if not I'll leave it the way it is as I don't want to get it stuck open and not be able to get it closed as that would be a bitch. Just curious if there are any relays fuses in any discrete locations for the sunroof? My Explorer has 340,000km+ on it and enjoy it as I got it for a steal about 6 years ago. Thank You from Vancouver BC

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 1994explorer555

1994explorer555 New Member

City, State:
      North Carolina
      1994 Ford Explorer Sport
      My friends sunroof glass is out on her camry. She occassionly wraps carpet cover tape over the sunroof to rainproof it. They sell it at lowes in a roll in the carpet section. Might help you out if you get it stuck open. I know the glass shops use this repair method also.

4. Rainier

Rainier New Member

1993 Ford Explorer XLT
      My 95 Ranger sunroof didn't work, I bought it used, and they might have pulled a fuse, but somehow the seal for it, was damaged or gone, so it was leaking. I used black silicone all around the glass, and smoothed it out with a fake credit card. Since I live in Arizona, I don't want that extra sun cooking me anyway. I know this thread wasn't about how to seal it shut. But thought I would offer what I could.

5. MrQ

MrQ Take the Bull by the Horns Moderator Emeritus

Media:
      City, State:
      Stafford, TX
      '98 Eddie Bauer
      Callsign:
      MrQ
      Umm, 94 explorers did not have electric sunroofs, they were manual. 95-01 2nd gens, however, did.

6. VA7LFD

VA7LFD New Member

City, State:
      Langley
      1994 Limited Edition Expl
      Thanks for the replies guys. Mine is a 94 Limited Edition Explorer and it came with an electric sunroof. I did some more checking further and all fuses are fine in the fuse box under the dash and in the engine compartment if by chance. I guess I can just leave it alone in the closed position. How would I access the motor to the sunroof if I really wanted to challenge it?

7. Mbrooks420

Mbrooks420 High Voltage. Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Erie, Pennsylvania
      1998 Mountaineer AWD
      You said you had no voltage to the switch? Did you try powering the switch feed from another source and trying the switch function?

8. MrQ

MrQ Take the Bull by the Horns Moderator Emeritus

Media:
      City, State:
      Stafford, TX
      '98 Eddie Bauer
      Callsign:
      MrQ
      So you have an aftermarket moonroof, as there were no OEM 91-94 Explorer electric moonroofs. That's gonna be fun. You would have to trace each wire to figure out where it goes and test it.