• Register Today It's free!

1995 explorer 4x4 starter removal

jhejr

Reaction score
City, State
Plantersville MS.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explored 4x4
I am shure this has been ask before. How on earth do you get the starter out? Got the wires and bolts off. Going OUT OF MY MIND,trying to get this thing outside of the explorer. It is a 4x4 with auto tranny.

Looks all that is left to do is lossen a motor support,and jack up motor.
Thanks
jhejr

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its been a few years since I did it, but I do remember having a very hard time "squeezing" it out as well. I don't remember how i finally did it, but if you keep trying different postions and maybe even pry a little it does come out. And then you get do it all over again getting it back in :thumbdwn: good luck!

Adam.

Can be a pain the first time around.

Just pull the front (where the wires connect) towards the front of the vehicle, then tilt that end upwards. Now wiggle it straight down (gear side first) towards the ground, thru the opening.

Thanks every body. Going to get a hair cut,so i dont pull it out. Then back to the starter. Thanks very much
jhejr

Can be a pain the first time around.

Just pull the front (where the wires connect) towards the front of the vehicle, then tilt that end upwards. Now wiggle it straight down (gear side first) towards the ground, thru the opening.

Thanks worked just like you said

Back