1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1995 Ford Explorer/Expedition radio diagram.

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by Wyoguy222, April 13, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Wyoguy222

Wyoguy222 Member

City, State:
      Rapid City, SD
      Year and Model:
      '95 Ford Explorer
      Hello everyone, okay this is my first post and hope I am posting in the correct spot!

I have a problem with my radio! I Have a 2 door 1995 Ford Explorer, it says expedition on the back of it, so I'm guessing thats the edition? Just want to make sure its right for the diagram I need. I need a wiring diagram with the color codes for this vehicle at the dash for my radio. The old harness was cut off, so i have to crimp wires together, I got the speakers figured out but the power I need help on! Oh and this is going on a new after market radio!

My brother put this radio together for me about 8 years ago, and messed it up, so it wouldnt keep the right time, always starts the time over at 1:00 and never keeps memory. Anyway, does anyone have the color codes and wiring diagram for this? Please help! I worked on it all day trying to figure it out, the way its hooked up right now, the CD will eject and go in, but no power on the face!

Thanks in advance!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      Year and Model:
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    4. Wyoguy222

Wyoguy222 Member

City, State:
      Rapid City, SD
      Year and Model:
      '95 Ford Explorer
      Fixed

Just wanted to say I found the 12V constant wire finally! Got my stereo all wired up and fixed! I am so excited! All it was, was a blown fuse, thats why I couldn't find the 12v Constant wire! And I have FM radio for the first time in 7 years! Bought me an antenna today at walmart for 8 bucks!

5. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      Year and Model:
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars