1995 ford explorer flasher turn signals not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 ford explorer flasher turn signals not working

antlerterry

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
I Replaced MFS (multi unction switch-turn signal lever with a used one, now turn signals do not work or flashers, guess I should have disconnected battery first.

My flasher is yellow with square-like a relay and extra extended cover, under dash to the left of the steering wheel, fastened with clip to lower upper hidden edge just below your knees.

I was reading that the yellow flasher/relay is for explorers with a tow package, got to looking around at the electrical on the towing and it was all corroded by the plug in end on the rear of the 1995 eddie bauer explorer, removed it, cut wires off and taped up, tucked up in bumber, replaced fuse in fuse box leftest row, one about 4rth or 5th down blue in color was blown, everything works great now.

Thanks, that may be my problem as well.
I just helped my son tow a truck home with a tow strap. When i started towing the flashers and turn signals quit. I bet the strap pinched of broke some tow package wiring.
Gotta go check now. :)

Steve

I also have a 99 sport bought June of 2010 the hazard lights never did work checked fuses figured it was the relay or whatever you call it so went to auto zone guy said to double check the fuses so i bought a tester and was checking all the fuses with the key turned on the fuses closest to the hood i couldn't get my tester on so I pulled them now my turn signals don't work i am lost all the fuses seem to work I didn't move anything so highly doubt that's it the mfs is it possible that i blew the relay that controls it or am i just crazy any help here would be appreciated.

Back