and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1995 ford explorer flasher turn signals not working

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by antlerterry, May 12, 2010.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. antlerterry

antlerterry New Member

Year and Model:
      I Replaced MFS (multi unction switch-turn signal lever with a used one, now turn signals do not work or flashers, guess I should have disconnected battery first.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. antlerterry

antlerterry New Member

Year and Model:
      My flasher is yellow with square-like a relay and extra extended cover, under dash to the left of the steering wheel, fastened with clip to lower upper hidden edge just below your knees.

I was reading that the yellow flasher/relay is for explorers with a tow package, got to looking around at the electrical on the towing and it was all corroded by the plug in end on the rear of the 1995 eddie bauer explorer, removed it, cut wires off and taped up, tucked up in bumber, replaced fuse in fuse box leftest row, one about 4rth or 5th down blue in color was blown, everything works great now.

4. My96Exploder

My96Exploder New Member

City, State:
      Florida's Space Coast
      Year and Model:
      '99 Explorer XLT
      Thanks, that may be my problem as well.
      I just helped my son tow a truck home with a tow strap. When i started towing the flashers and turn signals quit. I bet the strap pinched of broke some tow package wiring.
      Gotta go check now. :)

Steve

5. BlueMystc5

BlueMystc5 New Member

City, State:
      Logansport, Indiana
      Year and Model:
      1999 Ford Explorer Sport
      I also have a 99 sport bought June of 2010 the hazard lights never did work checked fuses figured it was the relay or whatever you call it so went to auto zone guy said to double check the fuses so i bought a tester and was checking all the fuses with the key turned on the fuses closest to the hood i couldn't get my tester on so I pulled them now my turn signals don't work i am lost all the fuses seem to work I didn't move anything so highly doubt that's it the mfs is it possible that i blew the relay that controls it or am i just crazy any help here would be appreciated.