1. for access to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews and discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1995 xlt power windows not working, failing fuses

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by normalguy, July 23, 2010.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. normalguy

normalguy New Member

City, State:
      rdg, ca
      Year and Model:
      95 xlt
      alright, i have cruised around on this site gathering info on my 1995 explorer xlt.. the power windows dont work in front or back at all... from information from one, of the threads in here i found out that the number 27 fuse in fuse panel is broken, but i also put new fuse in and had the door open. started the car, windows work. i roll up the window that has been stuck down for a couple days... roll the car outside to wash it, got back in the car when done, i try to roll down windows, there a no go. i check the fuse again that ones done.. so im thinking i have a short in between the door and car..

would that be the most plausible area to check???

thanks..

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. gmanpaint

gmanpaint Torsion Bar Free Elite Explorer

City, State:
      STL MO
      Year and Model:
      94 XLT-95 FX4
      Check the wires inside the "Can" in the drivers door Jamb. You might find a wire about to break in two. The constant opening / closing of the door over the years and age of the wiring make them brittle and they break. This is a very common problem. Once you find the bad wire(s) either solder or use a crimp on butt connector.

Happy hunting! :)