1998 Ford Explorer Sport - Horn - wire-color. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1998 Ford Explorer Sport - Horn - wire-color.

byte55

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
I am looking for the color of the wire that goes to the horn?
Not on the steering column-
I know 2 horns upper and lower - I want to install a new horn and I need the color code that runs to the horn and the engine base???
I bought a 1998 Haynes Repair manuel and could not find it in the wiring diagram - please help I am out in my yard - trying to get a new horn isntalled- thanks

************* I AM WOMEN AND DO NOT WANT TO TAKE THE WHEEL AND SPLASH GUARD OFF ************************
So I want to install the new horn on the top of the engine - and I need to know what color is the wire that goes to the horn in the wheel well behind the splash guard -
Please let me know

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd like to know this myself ... just got my Explorer (complete with a horn that does not work ...) and more recently got a Haynes manual. Searched the whole book ... apparently in the Haynes world, Explorers don't have horns. ... cruise controls either.

I asked for a Chilton's manual for my b-day ... rec'd the Haynes instead.

I had issues with the Haynes manual for my previous daily driver.

Did I mention that I really don't like Haynes? (LOL ... kinda ...)

If I remember right its a yellow/green wire in the steering column.

I got that info for the steering column thanks
I am looking for the wheel well do you what color the wire is to the horn from the wheel well?

This should help. Looks like a dark blue wire.

Attachments

• horn_wiring.JPG
    horn_wiring.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 3,013

Thanks so much I really appreciate it hopefully tomorrow the sunshine state (FL) will allow me to do some outside work of my FORD- thanks Again

Hell I couldn't even find mine before I hit a tree with the damn thing. Wish this thread had existed a month or two ago, then maybe I coulda scared that SOB outta the way.

The Haynes manual was indeed a complete let down on this for me to.

Blee,

Thanks for posting that diagram.

I did some more searching here, because my horn and cruise control are out of commission right now, and learned a new word ... "clockspring". (groan ...)

Byte,
The weather on my side of FL looks pretty nice.

I think I'll go install my stereo ...

Back