• Register Today It's free!

2.3l turbo(88tc) in 3.0l ranger

allgravey20

Reaction score
City, State
pekin Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 explorer sport
I recently bought someone elses project and am in need of some help. It is an 03 3.0l ranger that has an 88 turbo coupe motor and trans. Where do i start with the ecu issue? 88 tc ecu or ranger 2.3 ecu? Use with a megasquirt? Not sure where to start or what one would work best.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you have the 88tc harness along with the ecm, that will do for a daily driver just fine. I put one of those setups in a 78 pinto with a t5 and it was a blast to drive. You will need to use the tc ecm ,,not the ranger as it will not support the turbo set up. If your looking for more of a performance setup I suggest using Stinger's Pimp ecm.

I went with a mega squirt system and a custom harness. 46# injectors ported head ported intake and I have lots of other mods.

I am not that good at programing with a laptop or putting a mega squirt together so I/m saving for either the pimp or for the new micro squirt that stinger sells. Both learn and tune as you drive. This will go in a 87 ranger 2.3t with a mii front front end ,9inch rear , t5.

I have a t5 8.8 with 3;73 alum driveshaft, 3,4 drop cobra rs

Back