• Register Today It's free!

2 piece uca on drivers side??

matth

Reaction score
City, State
frederick, md
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 2wd sport
Has anyone heard of using a passenger side 2 piece upper control arm on the drivers side of a tbar truck for a little more adjustment?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

either that or use the cheaper camber bolts,

they adjust both caster and camber with the bolts,,

on my 99 there are 1 piece arms on both sides, and it aligned very well,,
the bolts are the key ,,
k80065_top.jpg

if you're talking about on top of having the bolts,, i say that it is not really necessary ,,
not saying it can't be done, but it means adding another variable into the system,

making an alignment maybe harder to do,,
or maybe easier, as it could be used to adjust the caster more easily,,

check with the people that do your alignments , ask them about which way they would want it

unless you do your own alignments

Ditto corkey. No TWO piece UCA exists for the driver side. Your '98 should have come stock with the two piece passenger side UCA unless it was replaced. Benefit of using the one piece arm is getting new bushings and a stronger design. Even if you want to go back to the original setup you would need buy and install the upper piece unless you still have it. Many have installed the passenger side one piece arm with camber kits and achieved perfect camber and caster.

http://www.moogproblemsolver.com/_pdf_en2/DYK10_106_En.pdf

I understand that the camber kit will do the job. I have them, they work great. The question stands. Will a passenger side 2 piece uca work on the drivers side. I think I read that the low rider boys do this?

Back