This last week in preparation for Truckhaven I did the following:
BFG All-Terrain T/A 31x10.5x15
Front tow hooks
Torsion Bar adjust (adding 1.25")
Pro Comp Add-a-leaf (adding .75")
Warrior Shackles (adding 1.5")
Add some Truckhaven mud and the final result is:
dcp_0243.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jefe.. that is baaaaaad! Looks tight! Is that north of Valencia off the 5?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

That looks awesome Jefe, you did a nice job. Did you adapt a 91-94' 3" Body Lift for that? How hard was it?

ok, thats enough!

OK, everyone stop lifting your trucks, and getting bigger tires every 3 days and adding lockers and everything else, it all comes to a pause now! Let Yomie catch up real quick! J/K LOL

Your truck looks awesome! I like it alot!

section 525,
Yes, that's where I took the pic. How'd you know?

Sethro,
No, I used the Performance Accessories 3" body lift for 98+ Rangers. Part PA-883

Yomie,
I'll let you catch up just as soon as I get my locker and gears and . . .
:)

Jefe.. I used to live in Westlake Villiage and I'd drive up to Nor Cal every other weekend. 9 hours on the 5.
So how long did it take to do the lift? I plan on doing the same one in May. Was it a pretty smooth install?
Thanks for the info.

Hey Jefe! That is soooo sweet! Are u still up to helping me out with mine? I'm still deciding wether to get the 2inch or 3 inch. Was there any problems? I have a grill guard so I was wondering if you would know how to deal with that?

-Ray

The body lift took me about 8 hours all by myself. That includes setup, cleanup, throwing the tires on, and a trip to the hardware store inbetween. It was very easy mentally. . . just follow the intstructions. Physically it was a lot more work. :)

SCEXPLORER,
I'd be glad to help, as I'm sure it would make the lift a lot quicker. As far as the grill guard, I wouldn't have a clue. I didn't even touch my front bumper, and I've never seen how the grill guards mount.

SplashMan,
I just took the trim and the fog lights off it. All that is left is the actual bumper. Looks pretty bad, but my angle of attack increased by 200 - 300%, and thats what's important. . :)

I put the 2" lift on and I thought about cutting the bumper too, but I kind of like the look of it. I went threw Attica this weekend and my bumpers are still in the stock location and I only hit them once (very small scrape). I have a guy here at work that is making me a set of bumper brackets (based on the 3" lift kit bumper brackets) to raise my bumper two and a half inches and push it out an inch so I can put 32" BFG M/Ts on (I'm running 31s now) and have room behind the bumper and in front of the radiator for a winch later on. I guess if I tear up the front later on I can always do what you did, it don't look too bad. Have you thought about getting a bumper from a 98? They go on the same way. Just a thought. Nice X by the way.

Sorry I didn't make it clear. I never cut my bumper. . just removed a dozen screws and the trim came off. So I could put it back on now that I have 3 more inches of lift to clear it. But I like these PIAA fogs a lot better than my stocks anyway.
I did think about going for an older bumper. . but then everyone'd think its only a 98. . :)
I think I'm gonna get a custom steel bumper with hidden winch, etc. and a rear bumper to match with spare tire carrier, etc. as soon as I can scrounge up some [more] money. :)

Do u think a 2inch body lift would work with 33's? I just don't want to deal with the steering problem with the 3 inch. Or am i worng and steering is ok with eth 3inch?

-Ray

SCEXPLORER,
1. I do not have a problem with steering with the 3" lift. I don't know what percentage of 3" lifts do. I haven't heard of it much on the newer trucks.

2.How much lift did you get with the torsion twist? I've got 1.25" torsion twist and the 3" body, and I still rub a little on-road, not to mention offroad. It also depends on how much you mind modifying your fenders.

I installed the 2" lift(with 1" T/T and 1" back shackles) on my 99XLT(still working on lifting my bumpers), and I am currently running 31x10.5R15 BFG MTs and I had slight rubbing in the front when I was going in reverse with the tires turned(every other lug is a little bigger on the side of the tread and it would hit). I just cut an inch off the corner and that solved that. Other than that, 31s fit perfect.
I am also looking at new tires and all tho you could get 33s to fit it would take alot of cutting. That is why I am going to go with 32s(32x11.5R15). I only rubbed a little with the 31s while offroading(back tires only), but I am still going to twist the front up another inch and put the add-a-leafs on the back to help when I put the 32s on.
Also if you stick with the 2" and decide to go with 31s or 32s definatly get a gas tank skid plate(it is a good idea regardless), I dented mine up a little
Dead Link Removed

Just my $.02. Hope it helps a little.

Ouch that wast too good, I thought all the 4X4's had the skid plates on the gas tanks, mine does? Why would thay put one on some and not on others?

I'm not sure, I thought maybe it came with the "Sport" package or the "Off-Road" package or something, but my 98 Sport has both packages and it didn't come with one and my dads 01 XLT has both packages and he didn't get one either.
I'm stumped.
I am getting the gas tank skid plate and the transfercase plate for $155 plus $36 shipping and handeling.

Thats cool, not too expensive, I have both and i find it weird cause i got power NOTHING (hate it when it breaks) with a 5 speed. How much are you paying just for the Trans plate (i gotta huge dent in mine!

I am not sure, but when I called a month ago for the gas tank plate only they said $109 plus shipping(wish I had bought it then). Drop Torrie a line at Ford Parts Network and he'll tell you for sure. He responded to my e-mail in about an hour on a Saturday.

SplashMan,
That picture looks exactly like the first trail modification I did. I didn't have a skid plate either. I've heard that they just stopped putting them on after '97.

Jefe, how did the 33's work out for you this pass weekend?

Back