This last week in preparation for Truckhaven I did the following:
BFG All-Terrain T/A 31x10.5x15
Front tow hooks
Torsion Bar adjust (adding 1.25")
Pro Comp Add-a-leaf (adding .75")
Warrior Shackles (adding 1.5")
Add some Truckhaven mud and the final result is:
dcp_0243.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Paul,

We didn't do any trail running this weekend. Jawbone was not what we expected. But, I did run something local, and was very impressed how much better the M/T's do over the A/T's. . .and how much faster they dig. . . :)

I just got my 4.10's and Powertrax in, so we'll soon see how much more capable my truck is. (having to break everything in for 100 miles is killing me. . .arrrrggghhhhh)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well Jeff, if you want to really test it out, Tom Rio (FAKRWEE) & I are planning on doing a one day trip up to Big Bear and doing the John Bull Trail sometime at the end of May. Are truck's are still being worked on and when they are finished we want to test them out and get any bug's worked out on them before our big run in August. If you are interested in joining us let me know. By the way the John Bull Trail is a Black Diamond run.

Moab, bring it on

Wow

I ran a trail fri night/saturday to test out my new locker and gears. It is awesome.

Paul,
I'd love to run with you guys. That way I can see if I can keep up with the big dawgs yet. . . :)

Splashman,
yes, I used the steering extender that came with the body lift and do not have any problems.

Splashman,

Sorry, but I want to jog your memory. Did you have to modify your fenderwells (either front or back) when you simply added the 31x10.5x15's with the torsion twist and the shackles?

Not the fenderwells, but when I was going in reverse with the tires turning I would nick a lug or two(every other lug on the edge of the M/T is alittle bigger.) on the front bumper edge. I cut the corner off on the inside(just in front of the screw that holds the bottom of the crome onto the bumper,about an inch) and that was it. On a side note, the crome has not come loose with out that screw there.

look at his truck, wow! kick a**

Truck looks killer!!! will the ranger 3" body kit fit 95-98 explorers.

davesexplorer,
yes, the 98+ Ranger is the same as the 95+ explorer so the same kit should fit.

Nope he didn't. I actually ran into him yesterday and saw his truck in person. Man it looks more aggressive in person than on the pictures. I noticed his car like a few hundred feet away.
After looking at his truck, I want a body lift for sure.

-Ray

Jefe,
nice truck! especially those Centerline wheels.....
Rick H.

Ok guys, For those that have been asking, I finally finished my body lift. I fabed up some front bumper mounts and put my bumper shell back on.

Here's a pic.
DSC00002a.jpg

I love how I make that blazer look lowered. =)

Jefe, your truck looks GREAT!!! By the way we had to postpone the Big Bear run because my truck is not quite finished yet, so we
will let you know when we can do it, probably later this month.

Originally posted by Paul M Bredehoft
By the way we had to postpone the Big Bear run because my truck is not quite finished yet, so we
will let you know when we can do it, probably later this month.
That's cool. Hope everything's going good with the truck.

Here's what I did to mount my PIAA fog lights: I made 2 brackets out of 1"x1/4" flat stock. They then bolt between the frame and bumper on the inner bumper bolts. I also made 2 spacers out of the same material to use on the outer bumper bolts.

Dead Link Removed

(these are not exact measurements)

you did a clean job on your truck! It looks great!
You must be lovin that powertrax!
SDMike

Originally posted by SDMike
you did a clean job on your truck! It looks great!
You must be lovin that powertrax!
SDMike
Thanks. The Powertrax is awesome. Now if only someone would make something (anything) for the front.

Back