Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2000 AWD Xploder from Turbo back to NA

Discussion in 'Need for Speed!' started by willzilla, June 7, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. willzilla

willzilla Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Atoka, TN
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2000 XLT AWD
      Cool, thanks for the tip! I will need to do this when I get my AMSOIL transmission fluid in a few weeks.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. willzilla

willzilla Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Atoka, TN
      2000 XLT AWD
      Also.. was delving into my old posts and emails and such... For anyone who happens to read this and plans to delete their EGR and are in process of looking for an EGR block off plate... our 5.0 v8s (at least my year 2000) uses the EGR plates that work with the 4.6L v8 in the Mustang GT's of 1996-2004, such as this plate: Mustang 4.6L Billet EGR Block Off delete ford gt crownvic 96-04 w/Gasket 969096G | eBay, and not the EGR block off plate from the 94-95 Mustang GT 5.0L. Our EGR has the single center hole and not the dual holes like the 94-95 Mustang for some reason as it seems most of our stuff is similar to the 94-95 Mustang on most everything else lol :D

4. Turdle

Turdle I bake stuff Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Humboldt, KS
      2000 Mounty
      I meant to mention I recently saw a cooking syringe kit in the food area of walmart and wish I'd thrown it in the cart.

5. willzilla

willzilla Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Atoka, TN
      2000 XLT AWD
      Not a ton going on past few weeks... Picked up transmission filter and transmission fluid... Hope to do the fluid change when I get some nice weather and time off :D Also have oil and oil filter and when I do that replace the oil sender sensor thing if I can figure out where it is, haha. Also need to install driver side window regulator.

I've also been stocking up on stuff for the WRX, lol. Picked up some AMSOIL 75w90 sd gear lube and hope to change out the transmission/front diff (shared) and rear diff soon as well.

Added a Cobb big sf intake and a Cobb Accessport v3 and am running an off the shelf tune for now. Picked up a pile of parts for the WRX already and have a baseline e-tune from one of the top WRX tuners alrdy ready to go for when I get everything installed :D

Just installed a Boomba short throw shifter (talk about a pain in the ass process haha), Perrin shift stop, and a 650g weighted shift knob. Shifts are 100x better, insane difference.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]