• Register Today It's free!

2000 ex cowl hood

audiodude332001

Reaction score
City, State
Eau Claire,WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer 5.0
Made a cowl hood yesterday for my 2000 ex. Just looking for opinions.
IMAG0124.jpg
IMAG0126.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks pretty sweet.

:thumbsup:

Makes me want to take the one off my mustang and put it on my mountaineer.

Looks good on there. Did you buy the scoop and put it on, or did you cut it from an existing hood?

Now you have extra room under there to go turbo or super charged!

Looks good on there. Did you buy the scoop and put it on, or did you cut it from an existing hood?

Now you have extra room under there to go turbo or super charged!

I cut up a fiberglass mustang hood. Found it at a garage sale for 50 bucks! Then just glassed it onto the explorer hood

Thats pretty sweet !
I assume you are going to paint it to match your truck? It would look even better painted. Nice body work!

Wow, how did I miss this? That's awesome man, I love the look of the lines being "stepped up" and it makes your front end look mean :D

I usually dont like hood scoops on explore's but this one looks really f*ing sweet. I give you props on the good work, truck looks really tough now

Wow That Looks Sweet , Might Have to Steal this Idea ! , How much Heavier is the Hood now with the added weight of the glass and extra hood ? .

I usually dont like hood scoops on explore's but this one looks really f*ing sweet. I give you props on the good work, truck looks really tough now

Same here. Looks like it belongs on there--nice job. :thumbsup:

I was thinking that the cobra r hood would look good. the lines look like it came from ford. good job. will be doing this in the future. thanks for sharing.

Not going to lie, but I believe I just drooled in my coffee. Sweet hood sir! I agree with the stepped up comment, makes it a step higher on the mean scale :)

Back