• Register Today It's free!

2000 Explorer sport

Bobsull89

Reaction score
City, State
Falls city Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer sport
so I recently purchased a 2000 Ford Explorer sport out of a field for $200 was told it had ran 4 years ago before being parked. Fast forward to now it’s been towed home and I put a battery in it to see if it would crank over, it does not it just sits there and flashes the anti theft light at me. The question, is there a way to rest this and is it possible that when it got pushed out of the field and broke the back glass that it might be the trigger

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No. You are having a PATS issue. You have much more work ahead of you besides the PATS, and getting it to turn over, however. If you pump that cruddy gas up into the fuel system you’ll likely regret it.

Ya I understand the whole bad gas issue tank is bone dry. So is this something that can be reset or is this something that a dealership has to fix?

Depends on the issue. Do you have more than one key?

Nope just the one.key

You might have to have the whole deal reprogrammed. I think there have been times people reported on here about long term dead batteries causing the PATS to mess up. It might be possible to fix it with a laptop and FORSCAN, a custom chip can delete it, you can pull a matching computer and key from a junkyard, or the dealer can fix it with a scanner. There may be a few other possibilities, as well.

Back