2000 Explorer. Windows stopped working. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Explorer. Windows stopped working.

pevecch

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer
i have a 2000 ford explorer 4 door. all of a sudden my windows will not go up from any switch the lock switch works on the driver door yet the windows will not. i ripped the door panel off and checked the fuses, they are all good, please help someone!!!!!!!!!!!!! is there any way to at least get my windows up in case it rains????? thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

power windows kaput

My daughter has the same problem in her 2002 explorer. It's intermittent, so the dealer won't even try.
Others on the forum have suggested a broken wire in the bundle where it goes from the door to the body. I tried but couldn't find any bad wires.
I'm disappointed in ford that they have so many problems- wheel bearings don't last, windows don't work reliably and coil springs break.

Maybe the dealer will help if your windows are not intermittently broke. I'm sure that's not the advice you sought, but at least you can try taking off the door panel and seeing if a broken wire is visible.
Good luck.

will you be able to notice a broken wire????

Back