• Register Today It's free!

2000 ford ranger

Rarity

Reaction score
City, State
Humphrey arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2900 ford ranger
Hey everyone I'm rarity and um new to this site.. I'm my own mahanic I love doing it but it has been a learn as I go experience so it gets frustrating at times like now.. I have a 2000 ford ranger ad I can't get it to start the code reader said bad pcm so I have changed it out but still no start. Any advice I really need my truck running not just BC I need it but also wanna prove to my boyfriend I got what it takes and u can do it.. PLEASE HELP

Which engine do you have?
Please elaborate on 'it won't start'. Does it turn over? Does it just click? Etc...
The more details, the more chance someone can help you.

Unfortunately, changing the PCM is not a plug and play event. (Inless your Ranger is a 4 cylinder)

Passive Anti Theft (PATS) is built into the PCM. Uses a sensor at the ignition switch to check a chip in the key.

A replacement PCM won't recognise the vehicles keys so you've likely installed a fresh "no-start" cause.

Where did the replacement PCM come from? Any chance the supplier might have one or more keys that PCM would recognise?

Else, look to the Forscan app with a bluetooth OBD2 reader to program your current keys into the new PCM.

Back