1. Tip... Did you know that if you hold most smartphones sideways you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum?
    Dismiss Notice

for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2001 Ford Ranger 4x4 is stuck in low.

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by luvtoski, May 3, 2009.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. luvtoski

luvtoski New Member

City, State:
      media, pa
      Year and Model:
      2001 ranger 4x4
      My 2001 ford 2001 4x4 is stuck in low. Tried removing fuses, no luck. Any advice ?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      Year and Model:
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    4. unclemeat

unclemeat Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Richmond, VA
      Year and Model:
      91 sport
      I am assuming that you have tried stoped in nuturel with you foot on the brake. Because it wont shift out without all three.

5. medicbro2000

medicbro2000 Member

City, State:
      Ludlow Vermont
      Year and Model:
      (1994 XLT) 00 RangerXLT
      As the previous post.... yes, you gotta have all three.. also I have noticed sometimes if you are stuck on a hill it will not switch out. Try reversing a bit, forward, nuetral, and try it again. Switch through 4 low, then to 4 high, then 2wd if it comes out. Sometimes going from 4low to 2wd won't kick it out right. I have had mine stick on occasion but it usually pops out with variation of the above methods. Good luck!