2002-2005 FAQ regarding lifts, tires, etc | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002-2005 FAQ regarding lifts, tires, etc

Keep an eye out in the vendors section I will soon be offing a 6" suspension lift all bolt on.
$(KGrHqMOKp!E5YZz,c+IBOiw0j2+r!~~60_58.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have a set price for the 6" yet?

Lift

OK, so it looks like for lifting my ride I can go with the PA883 and or the BTF kit. My question is this...which one should I do first since I have 3 kids and minimal play money :(

Thanks Ronin! As far as the PA883, it will work for the 02 Ex with minimal mods even though it lists for use on rangers 98-00 right?

Yes if you look at the sticked threads at the top of the modified 2002-2005 forum there's one called "3rd Gen Body lift install" or something like that and it has a ton of pics.

There is some modding but that isn't too hard as long as you have a dremel tool or air grinder with a carbide cutting head.

Depending on the type of hitch you have you can either flip the rear bumper bar or make brackets like I and several others did. If you need more tips feel free to ask me or HiImBrian...he just did the 3" body lift and made rear bumper brackets also so he probably has pics of them.

I have front and rear Strutteks on the way. What size spacer should I use in the front to level it out?

Ronin8002 said:
Yes if you look at the sticked threads at the top of the modified 2002-2005 forum there's one called "3rd Gen Body lift install" or something like that and it has a ton of pics.

There is some modding but that isn't too hard as long as you have a dremel tool or air grinder with a carbide cutting head.

Depending on the type of hitch you have you can either flip the rear bumper bar or make brackets like I and several others did. If you need more tips feel free to ask me or HiImBrian...he just did the 3" body lift and made rear bumper brackets also so he probably has pics of them.

Sure do... Let me know if I can help.

hey brian, can you post up pictures of the brackets?

Here they are:

Credit to James (Ronin8002) for walking me through it...

1/4 inch steel plate, 3 stock bumper bolts on the bottom, 2 grade 10 bolts and nuts from Fastenal on top.
db92a5ff.jpg

7fbf2783.jpg

You can't use the third bottom hole because the frame rail is in the way. If I had measured up 3 1/2 inches instead of 3 I probably could have made it work....

From the other side you can see the stock bolt on the bottom and the Fastenal bolt and nut on the top..

71574bd7.jpg

See here where the frame rail gets in the way of the third hole:
e885e23b.jpg

I just snapped these really quick in my driveway with my phone. If you guys want I can take better ones this weekend... Let me know if you have any questions. Oh and I plan on hitting the steel plate with some black rustoleum to try and keep it from rusting...

1. If you figure out how to do the brackets steve let me know and I will enlist your assistance on installing a 3" body lift with the spacers for the hitch.

2. What is the largest rim size and tire I could go if I have a 3" Body lift and the btf spacers? Looking for something street, so I have a set for winter and off road, and a set for the street.

3. Are wheel spacers harmful to the 4x4? Wanted to have the meat stick out a little bit if you know what I mean! lol.

anyone know?

Stay 2" and under for the wheel spacers and you'll be fine. Just make sure they're hub centric. I can make the bracket if you have steel plate largest rim size? 26" probably... but the max tire size with btf spacers and a 3" bodylift is pretty much 33x12.50r"anything"

Thanx Steve. Cause I thought with the spacers and body lift the stock rims and tires would look tiny, so I figured I would get some 22s for summer.

6 inch lift

where do i find any info on a 6 inch lift? i have the 3 inch body lift and two inch wheel spacers from eibach. that extra 6 inches should get 35's under it for sure

Just ordered my PA883 lift and my 2" hub centric wheel spacers! I can't wait to get her lifted and tuck my 285/75/16 KO's into those wheel wells! I'll make sure to post before and after pics.

thanks for the link ronin8002! To bad they only ship to the US... I'm in canada i suppose there would be no way of getting all those measurements to have it made up here??lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have all of the drawings and info for sale if someone wanted to build these. I have had personal stuff come up and do not have the time to focus on this any more. I have been driving my explorer using this lift since October and have put several thousand miles on it with no problems. I asking $5500 for all of the autocad drawings,PDFs and DXF files for the laser cutting and bolt lists. Everything that is needed for this kit is there.
That's cheaper than what two kits would have cost!
What I am selling is the labor, time and months of hard work I put into the drawings and prototypes to make this work NOT THE DRAWINGS. The drawings and info you get for free. Basiclly, I am selling the many months of time and effort I put into this project to create this. I spent almost $8k developing prototypes and making new parts to fit until it worked. I am just trying to recoop some of my losses.

I can put everything on a Flash drive or CD and send it to Canada if your interested in this deal

Back