Dismiss Notice

to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews, discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2002 Explorer Limited Floor Cargo Lever Broken

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by DesertCourtz, April 21, 2017 at 2:20 PM.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. DesertCourtz

DesertCourtz New Member

City, State:
      Arizona
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2002 Exp. Ltd
      I recently bought a 02 limited. However, the lever/hatch to open the floor cargo area in the rear of the car (behind the third row seating) is broken. I am not able to get it open. I have found the part, and will be ordering that soon, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to open it so I can make a temporary "handle" until the part is in and installed?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. rrgone

rrgone Active Member

City, State:
      Tucson, AZ
      '02 XLT
      I noticed not 10 minutes ago that mine is broken off too! I couldn't get in there when looking for a lost item. Please post back with part number and how-to fix it.

4. extra-medium

extra-medium Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Charlottesville, VA
      2002 Mercury Mountaineer
      Mine was broken so I just tied some twine around through the holes in it to list it open.