2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

I think it was a 3/8" drive ratchet with a 13-15mm socket(?) My running board bolts came off easy. trying to get the mounting hardware off was impossible so I just left mine on...

And don't doubt an X with running boards :D...I saw a 3rd gen or 4th gen mounty just tearing it up in the mud ;) That mounty was just covered in mud... I was suprised, because back then I was prejudice towards anything above a 3rd or 4th gen X.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it was a 3/8" drive ratchet with a 13-15mm socket(?) My running board bolts came off easy. trying to get the mounting hardware off was impossible so I just left mine on...

And don't doubt an X with running boards :D...I saw a 3rd gen or 4th gen mounty just tearing it up in the mud ;) That mounty was just covered in mud... I was suprised, because back then I was prejudice towards anything above a 3rd or 4th gen X.

On my 2002 I used a 3/8" drive socket and everything was 13mm and an extender since the areas are tight. I also left the mounting hardwear on because it is impossible to get off. Might grab a saw-zaw and finish them this winter. Mine were extremely hard to get off and boy were my arms sore.

I suggest hitting all the bolts with WD-40 and letting it soak in for an hour.

I then sold my running boards and used that money for other stuff for my truck :)

Sorry, posted in the wrong thread.

A few vids from Saturday Nov 13 me and 5 Jeeps in 1 vid my Explorer is realy tipping In the third vid about 2min 20 secondes in lol.

this is what it looked like when i got home lol.

PICT0132.jpg

PICT0131.jpg

PICT0130.jpg

Video links don't work

They're working now :thumbsup:

bigone65 your rig is f**king beautiful... i am beyond jealous

^^^

always a fun time :thumbsup:

Yea, those were with Yoko highway tires. I don't recommend anyone doing that if they want their tires to last. I went in there to kill whatever tread was left on those babys.

Just purchased a set of BFG Km2 Mud tires @ 31/10.50/15 on American Racing Offroad steels. I'll record the next time I go to the pits and try to show the difference.

i cant wait till my michelins wear down, just so i can validate getting new tires with more of an A/T tread pattern...

i cant wait till my michelins wear down, just so i can validate getting new tires with more of an A/T tread pattern...

HAHA exactly. I had to wear out my current ones. Otherwise i feel like i was robbing myself if i was to buy new tires with tread on these...

Went out a few weekends ago during one of our first snows and hit a small trail. Took a buddy of mine with an 85 Blazer and he had a horrible day on the trail, but i had a pretty good one lol. He ended up smashin out 3 windows, unseating 2 tires, denting the hell outta his driver side quarter panel and door, and snapping his clutch linkage. Heres some pics of the EX tho!

DSCN1246.jpg

DSCN1245.jpg

DSCN1243.jpg

DSCN1242.jpg

DSCN1237.jpg

Poor old chevy, man. Excellent photos Millertime, good to see winter treating everyone kindly, 'cept that chevy of course.

Holy Jeep Posse at the beginning....Nice vid as always. I don't know why but your videos take long loading for me.

Got a day off again today and the weather was finally decent, so it was time to hit a trail! This was the first time I was able to test out my new Cooper STT's (285/75/16). Found out that I really need to re-gear. But all-in-all the EX really performed today. Heres some shots-

P2180135.jpg

P2180140.jpg

P2180143.jpg

Flexin' shots!!

P2180154.jpg

P2180155.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

awesome pics millertime! although i think your 4x4 will throw a fit if you try to put that tiny spare on. :p

Back