and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2002 rack and pinion removal

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by katy_sportrac, October 1, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. katy_sportrac

katy_sportrac New Member

I have a 2002 sport trac that is leaking power sterring fluid from the top of the rack assembly. I need directions on how to remove the rack. Can someone help me? The sport trac is 4wd with 4,0 l ohc engine, thx

Katy_sportrac

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. anton831

anton831 New Member

its a video on youtube from start to finish its actually a pretty simple job

4. ncranchero

ncranchero Co-moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Denver,NC
      Year and Model:
      '94 F150 4x4 SWB 4.9L
      Welcome to the site and the Sport Trac forums. I have sent you some info from the service manual. Check your mail.

5. OffTrac

OffTrac Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Dublin, GA
      Year and Model:
      '01 Sport Trac 4x4
      I've had this problem for a couple months. Just haven't gotten around to fixing it. Probably going to have to be a holiday before I get a chance. I just keep checking the fluid level every couple days and topping it off until I can get to it. Funny how this wasn't a problem until I let a shop do my tie rods.