• Register Today It's free!

2002 XLT ignition kill

XLT2002

Reaction score
City, State
Ozone Park
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
For some reaseon when I lock the doors the horn sounds once, but if I trigger the alarm, the alarm sounds but the truck STARTS there is no ignition kill. Is there a way to activate this with the remote or key pad? :mad: :confused: :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

XLT2002 said:
For some reaseon when I lock the doors the alarm chips once, but if I trigger the alarm and try to start the truck IT STARTS there is no ignition kill. Is there a way to activate this with the remote or key pad? :mad: "confused: :(

I am assuming that you have an aftermarket alarm since you said it :chips once"?

not sure the only box I see says Ford on it

Ford factory alarms don't "chit" or chirp like aftermarket ones do; they simply blow the horn.

What does your remote look like?

What box are you seeing Ford on?

The horn does blow as well not sure of what the box is though it looks like a alarm box

Can any one help!!!! For some reaseon when I lock the doors the horn sounds once, but if I trigger the alarm, the alarm sounds but the truck STARTS there is no ignition kill. Is there a way to activate this with the remote or key pad?

Alarm troubles

For some reaseon when I lock the doors the horn sounds once, but if I trigger the alarm, the alarm sounds but the truck STARTS there is no ignition kill. Is there a way to activate this with the remote or key pad?

If you're starting it with the correct key (PATS programmed for your vehicle) shouldn't that deactivate any security and allow the car to start? I bet if you triggererd the alarm and inserted a key that was not prorgrammed for your specific X (but was cut correctly where it would turn) it would not start. Just a guess...

Hello from the Rockaways....(used to live in So Ozone)

Mike

Back