2003 factory XLT running board(s). Cross posted. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 factory XLT running board(s). Cross posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACQB

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLT
Parked our 2003 XLT in a mall parking lot, spent a few hours shopping. Came out to find the passenger side board gone. Cordless impacts are handy I guess. Mall security showed two full vans parking on each side. Never saw any "perps". Might have been lucky with only losing a running board because a police car rolling thru the lot appears to have scared the folks in the vans away before they could "liberate" anything more than the 1 running board.
Called dealer for replacement...OUCH $$$$! Slightly more than insurance deductible. Have looked on Ebay. Very few listings and crazier prices than dealer. Bone yards have proved fruitless up here in the land of rust.
Anyone out there take off/swap running boards on their 2002-2005 XLT and have them laying around?
Maybe we can work a deal? Looking for the factory "waffle" pattern OEM passenger side running board with brackets. Nuts would be nice too, they only left 4 behind. But Fastenal should have the missing ones.
ANYONE???

Impacts would have easily set my alarm off.

Might I suggest tack welding the new nuts on since it's obviously an item of interest.

It's a shame one has to weld anything they care about on these days.

2003-Ford-Explorer-XLT-001-1024x818.jpg

Are these the running boards you're looking for? I've got a set that I haven't installed yet that I could be persuaded to part with, but only if you take the whole set. Located in Southeastern IN (the greater Cincy area)

Please don't cross post/double post, it's not allowed on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back