• Register Today It's free!

2003 Ford Explorer sport 2dr

ggravitte

Reaction score
City, State
South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport 4x4
Hi I'm new here to the explorer forum and I know I'm not supposed to ask questions in this forum, but idk where to go to post about it. Anyway I need to know where I can find a lift kit or leveling kit to put on my sport. It's a 4x4 if that helps. Thanks for the help in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depends how involved u want to get use the search function u will find all u need

Yours is like exactly what I'm trying to get mine to look like, I just got my brush guard in yesterday and put it on now all I need is a lift and bigger tires. Would like to post a picture to show you, but i don't know how to get the picture from my email to here.

Use photo bucket and copy image code and paste in

Well I run a mild tt up front in the rear Warrior shackles,a four door leaf pack with a long add a leaf and Monroe load adjust shocks. And I have a 3 inch body lift Pa883 for a Ranger, now if you go that route the brush guard won't fit any more without modification same as front tow hooks.

F944CC27-3FFF-4E13-88E6-586F3DF8AA01_zpscwfztsdo.jpg

IMG_0166_zps60911b57.jpg

FF15E89C-C1F6-49F8-A3C3-B0BC2E72B42E_zpsgimbbn8a.jpg

How much was it to do what you did to yours?

Well if your in the States parts are way cheaper,but probably without tires I've got $800 to 1 k in the lift Canadian prices

so any advice? you see that it is in need of a lift haha

rancho shocks up front do a mild torsion twist, find a 4 door Explorer leaf pack for the rear and Warrior 153 shackles and if you want a Super lift long add a leaf and Monroe load adjust rear shocks , then a body lift as posted above

Totally up to u how involved u want to get then run 33 inch tires

69651F97-E4EE-4054-B4B9-2B97B469BCED_zpshkdktqgf.jpg

Buddies 99 Sport we just did

C5295ABD-EF3D-4E02-A1B5-2507892AF13F_zpsuesrwaas.jpg

i would like to get as involved as you in the lift part. just i have no idea where to find that stuff that you were talking about nor do i understand what kind of lifts they are. if you could go to as much as posting the links to where i can buy them that would be great.

I listed the body lift on Amazon above, the leAf pack u can grab at most scrap yards and the shocks and shackles u can order online thru EBay or Amazon or thru a local Auto parts store

i thought you said i couldn't have the brush guard if i use the that lift? and that lift kit will fit even though it says ford ranger?

It won't fit without some modifications but as u see I run it. If u use the search function and search lifts on Sports you will have a lot of reading that explains everything you can do

Ok I'll take a look, thanks for all the help I'll get back to you if I have any other questions. Thanks again

If I buy the lift kit what kind of modifications would I have to make?

The body lift ? U have to straighten the back bumper brackets and cut them in half , front bumper brackets u just drill 2 new holes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I take it to a shop will they know what to do?

Back