2003 Ford Explorer sport 2dr | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Ford Explorer sport 2dr

I'm sure a half decent shop could figure it out but as it takes roughly 2 guys 10 hours to do the body lift that's a steep labour bill

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you happen to know the series number on the warrior shackles and the Monroe shocks? Also I was wondering if I needed the 4 door leaf kit if I'm buying the pa883 body lift

are sports any good at offroading? im not really into offroading just wondering
the closest thing i did to offroading was put it in 4x4 and drive in my friends cornfield but that was it. my paints too messed up to offroad, it would peel everywhere

DCC2FFD1-2A17-4B26-882D-B9F0BA00A726_zpss7ajajyz.jpg

0EB9FDD9-61AB-44C4-97B3-BFC38A47EA9A_zpslqiln7ld.jpg

I'd take my sport anywhere

warrior 153 lift shackles and I'll see if I have the number can't remember off hand for the shocks

Monroe 58617 Sensa-Trac Load Adjusting Shock Absorber

Do I need the four door leaf pack with a long add a leaf if I get the pa883?

Both of them go in the back correct?
And is the tt already on my car?

Maybe u should do some reading before u start the lift , everything u need to know is here just search for it

Do you think if I just do the shocks and shackles and a tt that I could clear 265 tires?

I have done more research and I've purchased the Monroe shocks and the 151 Warrior Shackles. I'm not going to do the AAL until I see what it looks like when I'm done doing the shocks and shackles. The only info I need to find out now is the tt, can you explain that for me?

Also in your opinion which of the two was harder to install? I've watched videos and looked at some forums and by the looks of it the shackles seem to be harder

Shackles will be the hardest depending how rust the shackle bolts are , and doing a torsion twist is simple .

Jack the front of the truck up to take the weight off the front wheels , follow the torsion bars to where they bolt under the front seats you'll see 13 mm bolts on each side, sprAy some deep creep or pb blaster on the bolts and tighten, making sure to measure as you go.

The gas tank side is usually in further than the passenger side because of the gas tank,don't tighten too much not only will it make your ride really stiff but can cause too severe and angle for front cv axles

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Shackles will be the hardest depending how rust the shackle bolts are , and doing a torsion twist is simple .

Jack the front of the truck up to take the weight off the front wheels , follow the torsion bars to where they bolt under the front seats you'll see 13 mm bolts on each side, sprAy some deep creep or pb blaster on the bolts and tighten, making sure to measure as you go.

The gas tank side is usually in further than the passenger side because of the gas tank,don't tighten too much not only will it make your ride really stiff but can cause too severe and angle for front cv axles

Ok so I don't need to buy torsion keys? And by saying that I can't tighten too much you mean 2"? And will the front sit level even though the gas tank side isn't matching the passenger side? Sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure I'm going to do it right and not mess up plus you seem to be really helpful

Back