2003 Ford Explorer sport 2dr | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Ford Explorer sport 2dr

Personally I wouldn't go over an inch and a half , if u use a tape measure u can level the sides out your limitation is how much travel u have left on drivers side

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I were to put Monroe shocks in the front too will it raise it any?

I just sprayed some PB Blaster because I should be getting everything in tmw, and I take it that I have to lower my spare tire to take off the shocks?

Definitely makes it easier

That's what I was thinking, and I'm sorry I'm such a bother with this question, but I still don't quite understand where or what I'm supposed to be measuring when I tighten my torsion bar

Why would I need a camber kit? I don't want my car lowered this whole forum is how to lift it

If u over crank the t bars it can cause your wheels to not be straight up and down, for measuring it's the top of the arch to the ground each side

How would I know if the previous owner did it already?

I saw a pic of your truck it doesn't look like it's had a tt

Finished installing the shackles and shocks today and I'll tell you those rusty bolts were a ***** to get off, I started at 10:30 this morning and finished around 5:35ish. I don't think I'm going to do my tt yet because I'm thinking about getting bigger tires and if I'm going to have to get an alignment anyway I'd rather wait and only pay for one then pay for two, ya know? But anyway it's looking good I'll post some pictures when the rain clears up. Thanks for all the information and new learned knowledge!

Good to hear man and yup they can be a pain , I usually do a string alignment

Any idk on an all-terrain tire brand I should look at? Not looking to spend over $140 a tire

Don't know US prices but I swear by these

3C4671EE-EA10-40A0-A325-C55F61C001D5_zpsjeazc8lx.png

They're out of my price range

Our stock tires are 255/70/16, now since i want to get bigger tires what numbers can i and can i not change?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And you have stock rims?

Back