2003 Sport 5 Speed Manual Parts...? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Sport 5 Speed Manual Parts...?

Todd March

Reaction score
City, State
Aptos, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport XLS
Recently purchased a 2003 Sport XLS with a 5 speed manual and since found out what a rarity it is. Searching for a few (mainly) cosmetic parts has been hard...

It needs a new "gaiter" or at least that's what I think it's called. On my Toyota we called it the shift boot--it's the rubber (or leather) piece that comes up from the floor toward the knob, and conceals the gearshift stick. Anyone know the part number for this, or a replacement that works? Pictured attached showing the part I mean...

Gear shift knob--the original just isn't around. I have ordered Ford part number #
5L5Z-7213-AA, which is for the F150/F250 to see if it will fit or if I can make it work. It looks the same from online pics...?

IMG_4178.JPG

Recently purchased a 2003 Sport XLS with a 5 speed manual and since found out what a rarity it is. Searching for a few (mainly) cosmetic parts has been hard...

It needs a new "gaiter" or at least that's what I think it's called. On my Toyota we called it the shift boot--it's the rubber (or leather) piece that comes up from the floor toward the knob, and conceals the gearshift stick. Anyone know the part number for this, or a replacement that works? Pictured attached showing the part I mean...

Gear shift knob--the original just isn't around. I have ordered Ford part number #
5L5Z-7213-AA, which is for the F150/F250 to see if it will fit or if I can make it work. It looks the same from online pics...?

View attachment 157808

It'll fit - click on link: 5L5Z-7213-AA in eBay Motors | eBay

Congrats on your new ride!

Any 2nd gen stick parts fit. Also 5 speed Rangers.

Back