Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2005 Advancetrac help

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by marc hapeman, February 27, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. marc hapeman

marc hapeman New Member

City, State:
      ilion ny
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2005 ford explorer
      my 2005 ford explorer advantrac system keeps kicking on and off while driving the 4 wheel drive high flashes on and off and abs light on when I first start it to drive all lights are off but feels like abs is activating when I hit brakes the advantrac is tryin to function then it all kicks on the dash lights and drives fine I don't understand

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. JK080

JK080 Transmission Moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      North Ga
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      05 F250 6.0
      You should get the vehicle scanned for codes, it sounds like there is a problem with the ABS system. We had one a week ago that did this and his left front wheel speed sensor was dropping out, you could see it fail when watching the data on the scanner and a code was set for that sensor.

• Useful Useful x 1