• Register Today It's free!

2005, Sport Trac, 2WD

Jonathan Powell

Reaction score
City, State
DOUGLAS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005, Sport Trac, Xlt
I needhelp. I was driving down the road yesterday, hold on, let me back up a moment.

I noticed a week ago my abs light was on, I've been very busy. Working 12-14 hours a day! Work, food, sleep. Is all I've had time for!

But I noticed the ABS, light on this past week, and I swear I was going to have it checked out today! I was!

But the damn truck did not give me time!

So I was driving down the road to work, and I went to pass a slow moving Semi, and as I pulled back in front of him. I noticed I was hitting the gas, but only my rpms were going up, not my speed.

I quickly moved over to the shoulder, where I placed my truck in park, and caught my my breath from almost being ran over by a semi!

I then placed the truck back in drive, and nothing! I held the gas down more, and the rpms shot up to about 3k, and the truck moved maybe at 2 to 5 miles per hour, I then stoped, and tried reverse, it was the same as drive. I then tried first and second gear and they both worked perfectly. So I used 2nd gear to make it to the next exit (With Flashers On.)

Once I reached the next exit, I pulled up to a store; where I then tried neutral. And interesting... The truck would not roll! In neutral!

The truck goes threw all the gears, but I only fell it grab 1st, and 2nd, on the shifter. No grinding, no strange noise, no previous issues, nothing.

Please what is wrong with my truck!

Can any one help! Please!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just had my automatic go out with no warning at all. These transmissions are weak like the timming chains in the 4 liter engines.

OP, what's your vehicle mileage and transmission service history? Believe most here would agree the 5R55 series transmissions service interval should be a minimum of 60-70,000 miles. Minimum being a pan drop, fluid, and filter change.

Back