1. It's time for our yearly 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale! Last day is November 30!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a full two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership!

If you would like to extend an existing membership for two more years please contact "Rick" through a conversation/private message as I will have to set up existing memberships manually. Thank you and happy holidays!!!
    Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2006 Explorer, 4.0, won't crank, no "idiot" lights on dash.......

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by Glenclove, November 8, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Glenclove

Glenclove New Member

City, State:
      Clio, Michigan
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2006 Explorer
      Callsign:
      KC8BWY
      2006 Explorer, 4.0, won't crank, no "idiot" lights on dash, everything else (windows, wipers, radio, etc.) works when the key is on. Alarm sets and unsets, locks work with keyless entry, FOB, inside lock switch. I am stumped. The exact same thing happened about two weeks ago. I let it sit overnight and tried it in the morning and she started right up. Drove it for about two weeks. Stopped for lunch yesterday, came out and it was dead again with all the previously listed symptoms and items still working. Battery is good - 12.7 volts. Checked all fuses and relays. Switched the known good wiper relay with the PCM relay thinking that was it because of the no idiot lights - nothing.

I engineer industrial electrical controls (plc's) but I'm smart enough to know I may be in over my head here. I have the aptitude, just need the knowledge to troubleshoot and repair this.

Thank You,
      John W.
      Clio, Michigan

2. Support EF

Holiday Special through Nov 30! Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.