1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2006 Explorer XLT Fuel Pressure Valve check ?

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by PwrPak, April 15, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. PwrPak

PwrPak New Member

City, State:
      Freeport , Illinois
      Year and Model:
      2006 XLT V6 4.0L
      Hello 2 All ,

Well just over 2 weeks ago, bought this Oxford White 2006 Ford Explorer XLT , I did do a search on here " 2006 explorer fuel pressure valve,Check " nothing came up... i hope i was doing it right . Question would be is does this vehicle have a way to test the pressure, we couldnt find the valve... ty for any advice or direction to look...

" PwrPak "

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Bill MacLeod

Bill MacLeod Active Member

City, State:
      Hamilton, Ontario
      Year and Model:
      06 Ltd V-8
      I don't think there is a "test port" to install a fuel pressure gauge any longer as the system does not have a return line. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.)

But you can chech fuel pressure with a scan tool.

I have an OTC 3109 (Actron has the same model with diff #) that gives sensor readouts including fuel pressure. Does not provide trans temp though.

These tools are cheap and give a boat load of info. A must for the toolbox of any gearhead.