2006 Ford Explorer 4.0 EGR Valve Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Ford Explorer 4.0 EGR Valve Help

wilsonnc

Reaction score
I need to replace the EGR valve on my 2006 explorer. Is this a DIY job? Also, where is the EGR valve located on the 06 model?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

Check your PM!

It looks like I might have the same issue. I'm getting a P0401. I pulled the vacuum line on the EGR Valve and used a vacuum pump to diagnose. There was no change in my idle speed so I guess the nest step is to pull the EGR Valve for a bench test. It looks like I probably have to pull the Throttle Body first to be able to remove it. Does this sound right?

I am having the same issue and was hoping to get the "PM" that the previous posters rcvd on how to fix this issue.

Thanks!

It looks like I might have the same issue. I'm getting a P0401. I pulled the vacuum line on the EGR Valve and used a vacuum pump to diagnose. There was no change in my idle speed so I guess the nest step is to pull the EGR Valve for a bench test. It looks like I probably have to pull the Throttle Body first to be able to remove it. Does this sound right?

I am having the same issue and was hoping to get the "PM" that the previous posters rcvd on how to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Check your PM!!

Good luck getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

Dear all, anyone can guide me on where to find this EGR valve on ford explorer 4.0L ?

Dear all, anyone can guide me on where to find this EGR valve on ford explorer 4.0L ?

Check your PM!!

Thanks for the help

Check your PM!!

Dear,

Thanks alot for the PM. I had to get the whole engine rebuilt so now i will check for this issue if it is still there or not.. THanks still.. :)

Having the same issue. Hoping to get the PM. Thanks!

PM for EGR

is this availble online any where or can someone send a link to it to me - please

thanks

I am also trying to replace my EGR valve, as the current one is causing a slight vacuum leak. I have the Motorcraft part and metal gasket, but it is tough to find a walkthrough on this fix. Just wondering if there is any advice on what to pull out of the way ahead of time so I don't end up doing extra work. I have PB blaster soaking the bolts now, so I will try to tackle it this weekend. Thanks for any and all help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello
I am also trying to clean or replace the EGR valve on a 06 XLT 4.0L and would appreciate any help or info.

Back