2006 ford explorer dog leg rust

StevenGene

Reaction score
City, State
Roseville Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
Hello friends!

So after years of taking care of her she is finally showing some age. I wish I would have fixed this before it got this bad. Only rust on the whole truck :).

I see they make repair panels for the 3rd and 2nd gen. Has anyone seen them for the 4th gens?? The rust on the passanger side isn't bad and I can fix with some sanding/filling. But the driver side is pretty bad.

If I can figure put how to post pictures in here I will :)

20171204_140053.jpg

FB_IMG_1521926902831.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For some reason I believe the dog leg panel would be the same on third and fourth GEN, but worth Confirming

I have to suspect the same thing. The body really didn't change as much as you might think. From the side they look virtually identical in the door area.

Who would be the best person to contact? A Ford dealer?
Probably a body shop.

Edit - Wow man - I see what you mean. I did some Googling and everything stops at 2005. Extremely confusing - if it's the same why didn't anybody update their site? If it's not the same why doesn't anyone have one for a generation that is at least 12 years old? I do believe a body shop would be your best source of information here.

Try re-posting on the Body Work sub forum first. If anyone on EF would know, it would be MONMIX. Good luck!

Body Work & Detailing

Back